Chapter 26

Macau

"SURPRISE!!!"

All of us screamed as soon as P'Pete entered the room. We popped birthday poppers and the confetti spread in the air. P'Pete looked surprised. A smile spread across his face. After a long time, we are celebrating something in our house. The happiness was in every corner of this house. Something, I always wished for. I turned to look at Chay. Him being here made the day even more beautiful.

We bring out the cake and stood around P'Pete as he cut the cake. P'Pete was tearing up. No one has ever surprised him like this. He was overwhelmed. Everyone started handing him gifts. I gave him the bag, I bought for him. He said he loved it.

Meanwhile, Tankhun increased the volume of music and started to dance like mad man. Slowly, everyone joined him. Everyone was being careful as Arm carried Vince in his arms and bring him in middle of them to dance. Tankhun dragged Chay to join with them. I was staring at him lovingly.

P'Pete noticed me standing on the side and came up to me.

"Macau, come on. Dance with us."

"No, no. You guys carry on." I don't do dancing. It makes me feel awkward.

"Everything is ok, right?" He asked making sure I am alright.

"Yeah...." I said contemplating whether to talk to him now or later. There is something I wanted to ask him.

"What is it?" P'Pete said reading my face.

"I need to talk to you about something, but we can talk later." I said dismissing not wanted to ruin his fun.

He grabbed my hand and took me away from this loud music to talk in private.

"Now, tell me. What is it?"

I was hesitant at first then decided to just go for it.

"There is someone I like..... and I want to ask him to be my boyfriend, but I don't know how?"

P'Pete didn't react at first. Then his eyes became wide and smile spread on his face.

"Really? Who is it? Is he from your college? Do I know him? What is his name?" P'Pete started asking series of question.

"P'Pete. I can't tell you about him until he agrees to become my boyfriend. Once he says yes to me then, I'll bring him home and introduce him to you." I said trying to cool down his excitement.

Honestly, I am not ready to tell him about Chay. I don't know how he will react. This is going to cause another war between main family and minor family. But I am ready for it.

"So, you want advice from me?"

"Yes."

"Actually, I don't have much experience with this kind of things. I mean you know how your brother asked me to be his boyfriend. You were there."

I remember. I never saw my brother get emotional before that day. P'Pete bring out that side of him.

"Yeah, hospital is not the most romantic place to ask someone to be your boyfriend."

"I know in your generation gifts and dates are important. But if that person is really into you then it doesn't matter if you confess to him at expensive restaurant or at some small place. He will accept your feelings with open heart." I listen to him attentively.

"I'll tell you one thing, express your feeling without hesitation. Be sincere. And if you are making any promises, make sure to fulfil them."

"I will."