Prologue

"Chay, why are you with me?

I turned my head to look at him. The smile on his face was no longer there.

"What do you mean? I asked confused.

"Why do you want to be friends with me?"

I feel like now a days Macau has become less guarded around me. He has never talked to me in this manner before. He is showing his gentle side to me.

"Because I thought, you are not like what you show in front of people. They think you are rude and spoiled. But I think you are someone who is going through a tough situation. I thought, we have similarities. We will be able to understand each other. You lost your father and I know, how it feels like to live without parents. We have our brothers, but they are always busy with work or rivalry. We are alone. We need someone, who will be able to feel compassionate towards us."

I sighed and continued.

"However, I was wrong. You already got Dr. Tops. He seems like a nice person and takes care of you. It's good thing, you have someone by your side to share your feelings with."

"I am happy for you." I said ignoring the heaviness in my chest and smiled at him.

He stared into my eyes as if trying to find something.

"Are you really happy for me?"

I nodded.

I wanted to say no, but the fear inside me made me lie. Because I don't understand my own feelings for him.