Chapter 5

Porschay

"Is this really a coincidence or are you following me? Macau said with a straight face.

"Why would I do that?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe you want something from me."

He didn't even acknowledge at me. As if, I am an invisible air around him. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Look, it's just a coincidence. And why are you behaving like this? What did I ever do to you?"

"You belong to main family. You can't be trusted."

I scoffed.

His statement offended me. I turned to face him folding my hands in front of my chest.

"I could say the same thing. Maybe you are the one, who is following me. And don't forget, last time it was your brother who kidnapped me. So, tell me. What information do you want from me?"

Macau let out dry chuckle.

He turned and took a step towards me and leaned forward bringing his face closer to mine. He didn't scare me, but the closeness between us made me feel weird. So, I backed away little.

"I don't need to follow someone dumb like you to get information. I know other ways to get information out of someone. And what kind of information a loser kid like you could have?"

"Youuuu... Youu..." My mouth opened and closed like a fish. The door of lift opened and before I could say anything, Macau stepped out and walked away. But I still screamed after him.

"WHO YOU CALLING KID!!! WE ARE THE SAME AGE!!! YOUU... YOUUU... ARGHHHH..." I screamed in frustration.

"I can't even curse. I should have asked Hia to teach me proper bad words." I said to myself. I didn't expect him to be friends with me, but he could at least talk to me nicely.

After pressing the button for my floor, I found out that Macau lives on the floor below mine.

Mannerless punk.

As soon as I reached my room, I threw my bag on the side of the bed and lay down closing my eyes for few minutes. My phone started ringing. I fished it out of my pocket. It was Hia.

"Hello" I answered.

"Hello Chay. How was your first day?"

"It was good. I made friend. He lives in same dorm as me."

"That's great. I am sorry Chay. I couldn't drop you to college on you first day."

"It's ok Hia. I understand. You have bigger things to take care of now."

"But still. You are my brother. I should be there for you as big brother and I failed to do it."

"Hia, I know, you are trying your best. You always have been giving your hundred percent. It's just that we are living different lives now. You are head of minor family. You have people to handle and help P' Kinn with business. And I am studying in college. You have more responsibilities than me. So, I can understand. No need to worry."

"Wow! I didn't realize my Chay has grown up. Where did you learn all this?"

"Well, I am a talented guy."

There was pause between us.

"Hia? Is everything ok?"

"Yeah. I... want to ask you something."

"Yes?"

"You are happy, right?"

I could sense distress and concern in his voice.

"Yes. I am happy. You don't worry about me."

"What about you Hia? Are you happy? I ask him the same question.

It must be stressful for him adapt to his new life. He doesn't tell me anything. I don't blame him. If I had a younger brother or sister, I would not tell them anything. I would protect them at any cost.

"Yes. I am."

"I never thought, I would fall in love with someone like Kinn. We used to fight all the time like dogs."

"You still do. But now P' Kinn accepts his defeat in front of you."

We laughed.

"Yes. Otherwise, I will throw him out of his own bedroom."

It's true. When everyone came to know about their relationship, the whole main house had to witness their fights and P' Kinn was coaxing him to open the door. That impacted on his image and reputation. The fearless Mafia boss is sucker for his lover.

This couple is crazy. One moment they are quarreling and the next moment being lovey dovey. Especially P'Kinn, he can't keep his hands to himself. Always touching Hia here and there. P' Tan was so annoyed with their flirting.

"I will come to see you soon. Take care of yourself and eat well."

"You too Hia. Bye"

Hia and I had difficult childhood, but mostly Hia. He sheltered me while he took the hits for us. Finally, he is happy. And the source of his happiness is P' Kinn.

At first, I was skeptical about him, but then slowly, I started to like him. He took care of me like his own brother. He is kind and sweet, despite the way he looks. I am sure, he doesn't show his sweet side to anyone else beside his family.

I put my phone on charging and went to take shower. After talking to Hia, I feel better. I missed him a lot. I want to spend some time with him. Tell him all about my day. He is not the only one I miss. As I was drying my hair, I heard my phone ring again. I saw the name on screen and smiled.

Think of the devil and devil called.

"Chay!!! I miss youuuu....." P' Tan cried.

It's going to be long call.

-

The next few days went by smoothly. We all were busy with activities, classes and club. Krit and I participated in drama club. I was part of sound and music team and Krit acting. Since then, he is irritating people with his overacting. Even his own mother was annoyed. She asked me to take him back to dorm.

After the lift incident, I saw Macau every now and then. We walked past each other, but didn't talk. He became famous because of his stunt performance. He made friends. I always see him hung out with three boys. I don't know their name.

Hia came to meet me in the dorm once. He brought gifts for me. T-Shirts, shoes, snacks, etc. He was trying to make up to me for his absence.

For some reason, I was afraid that he might bump into Macau on his way. It's weird.

My room looked dirty. So, I decided to clean it and organize things. While folding the cloths, I remembered that I need to buy few things. There is a convenience store around the corner. So, instead of taking my car, I walked there.

I bought everything that was needed. I was just strolling through the isle of snacks. It was difficult for me to stop myself from buying candy and chips. Hia already bought many things for me. But how can I resist the pack of chocolate chip cookies? They were calling out to me. I picked it up and kept staring at it with longing gaze. There was war going inside my head. I just couldn't resist the lust for this mouthwatering treat. I was drooling from the corner of my mouth

"Are you thinking about stealing that?" I heard voice from my right side.

It startled me. I turn to look at the person. It was none other than Macau Theerapanyakul.

The one and only.