Chapter 1

Porschay

"Let me go... Help!!! help me...!!!"

People were running after me. They were trying to catch me. Within a few seconds two men came closer and caught the hold of my arms on both side. The third one came from behind and covered my mouth with piece of cloth. I thrashed around to lose their hold on me. My vision became blur and I started to feel dizzy. My limbs went limp. They let go of me and I fell in the floor. I hit my head hard on the ground. It started to bleed.

I lifted my head up from ground and squeeze my eyes to get clear vision of them. They surrounded me. I tried to call P' Kim for help, but I couldn't manage to utter a word out of my mouth. He walked towards me. I extended my hand to touch him, but I couldn't even move an inch.

He stood right in front of me and stared at me with blank face.

Why isn't he helping me?

"Get him away from me. He is no longer useful."

I could feel the burning in my chest. It was not because they threw me on the ground earlier. It was because of P' Kim's words. It felt like a sharp knife is piercing my chest. Tears were running down my face.

They picked me up and dragged me away. I was screaming to let me go and kept calling P' Kim. Suddenly, I woke up from my sleep with a jolt.

I was breathing heavily. My body was covered in sweat. The T-shirt was drenched and it was sticking to my skin. I got out of bed and went to bathroom. I stood in front of mirror and saw my reflection. My eyes looked tired because of less sleep. The dark circles under my eyes were visible. For last few nights, I couldn't sleep properly. It was because of everything happening in our family. I am still not used to new environment and people in my life. I feel out of place.

I quickly took a shower and walked out of bathroom.

Suddenly, the bedroom door opened with loud thud. It startled me. There is only one person, who walks into my room like that.

Tankhun Theerapanyakul.

"Chay, you are still not ready? Let's go. We are going to get late for breakfast."

"Yes. I am almost done. I just have to wear cloths."

"Oh! let me choose your outfit for today."

He went ahead and opened the wardrobe without any hesitation. He started going through my cloths. He was making weird faces while he looking at my shirts.

"This is so boring. How can you wear these cloths?"

"My style is simple P' Tan."

The first time I addressed P' Thankhun as P' Tan, he got emotional. I thought, I made mistake and was about to apologies to him. But he hugged me tightly and started crying. He said no one has ever called him by cute nick name and with so much love. He was touched.

"But you are young. You should experiment with your looks and have fun."

He gasped.

"You should dye your hair!!!"

I remembered the time, when I dyed my hair. I wanted to rebel for the first time. A small voice in my head was saying "This is not you Chay", but I ignored it.

"May be later. Right now, I should get dressed first P'." I said taking out a blue check shirt and a white t-shirt.

"Ok fine. But I am going to take you out to buy some cloths later. I will fill your wardrobe with designer cloths."

That scared me a little. I looked at him from top to bottom. He was wearing one of his wacky outfits. I couldn't say no to him. Otherwise, he will take this house on his head.

"Sure, P' Tan." I said with forced smile.

P' Tankhun is the only one, I feel comfortable around in this house. He is loud and crazy, but sweet and caring as well.

Since, I came in this house, he is the one who has been taking care of me and I am grateful for that.

As we walk toward dining area, the bodyguards in this house greeted us. I am not use to this. I kept my face and eyes straight and tried to ignore them all.

"Chay, come. Take a seat."

Khun Korn said as he saw me.

I greeted everyone good morning.

"You don't have to be so formal with us. We are family now. Be comfortable."

"Yes." I said in small voice and smiled at him.

I saw my brother and P' Kinn walk in.

Since, my brother has become the leader of second family, we hardly spend time with each other. He has been busy with work and responsibility of minor family business. I feel like we don't have the same connection like we used to do. I know whatever my brother is doing is for me and P' Kinn.

"Love birds has arrived. Let's eat." P' Tankhun said.

"Chay, what's going on with you? Did you get the result? Did you pass the interview?" Hia asked.

I was about to eat spoonful of rice, but I stopped in midway. I haven't told my brother, that I didn't attend the interview. I can't tell him the truth. I have no other option but to lie.

"I got the result. I didn't pass." I said looking down.

"What?"

"What happened?"

"I don't know." I said in small voice.

"Should I go and talk to them?" P' Kinn said.

"No!"

I almost screamed.

"I-I mean. I will take care of it myself." I said smiling at them.

"Oye, how can they reject my talented cousin? Kinn call Kim and ask him to take care of everything." P' Tankhun said.

When I heard P' Kim's name my heart skipped a bit. He studies in same college, where I applied. I don't want this problem to escalate.

"That's not necessary." I said quickly.

"Chay, you want to learn music in that college. If there is any problem let us know. Me and Kinn, we will handle it." Hia said.

"Don't worry Hia. Let me check first, what's the issue and then I'll let you know."

He nodded.

"Ok, you children carry on. I have to go." Khun Korn said smiling at us and left.

After having breakfast, I went to my room. I got ready quickly. I packed my documents and new form to submit. I have an interview today. Before I walk out, my eyes fell on the guitar in corner. It was my life's first guitar. P' Kim gave it to me.

I wanted to learn music because of P' Kim. He was my idol. He inspired me. I wanted to follow his footsteps and become famous music artist, but not anymore.

I don't hate music. It's an important part of my life. It has helped me deal with my loneliness and gave me strength. It will always be part of me. I just want to take different path for my career and make my own identity.

I tighten the grip on bag and gave last glance to my guitar. I opened the door of my room and walked away.