Chapter 9

Porschay

"I am really sorry for yesterday. I almost got us in trouble." I said as we walked out of class.

"It's ok Chay. You need to worry about yourself. You got punched in the face. Does it still hurt?" He asked checking my face.

"I am fine. It doesn't hurt much."

In very short period of time, we became closer. He even called me to check if I need something and brought me food. It's really nice to have friend like Krit.

We were about to leave, but two people blocked us.

"Hi." They were Macau's friends.

"Hello... you...?" I don't know their names.

"I am Dew and he is Mike." Dew said balancing himself on crutches. There faces were covered in bruises and cuts.

"Nice to meet you. I am Chay and this is Krit." I said introducing both of us.

"We know." Dew said.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"It's difficult to walk with crutches, but it's alright." Dew's face was messed up, but he still managed to put up a wide smile on his face.

"We are here to thank you guys for helping us. And take you out to eat something delicious." Mike said.

"uhhh... You don't have to." I said.

"Come on, it will be fun. We can get to know each other. I am tired of looking at these b*st*rd's faces." Dew said referring to Macau and Mike. My eyes wondered around to find Macau. But he was nowhere to be seen.

I smiled and glanced at Krit to check if he is ok with this and he nodded.

"Let's go." Dew said.

"Ok. But what about Macau?" I said.

"He is waiting in parking area for us." Dew said.

-

Macau was driving and this time I sit in backseat. I was avoiding any kind of interaction with him. The air inside the car was heavy. The guys were oblivious to tension between us.

"Chay, what do you like to eat?" Dew asked.

"I don't know. I am not picky. I can eat anything."

The condition we lived in before were worst. We couldn't afford to be picky.

"Come on.... There must be something you like more than anything else."

"Ummm... Seafood."

"Oh, me too... We will order some seafood as well." Dew continued talking about random stuff. It irritated Krit. They started arguing. Mike and Macau were unbothered by this.

For a second, I looked up and caught Macau staring at me through review mirror. He didn't avert his eyes. I moved my eyes away to look out of the window and played with my fingers nervously.

We reached to restaurant. I helped Dew to sit on his chair.

"You are so nice Chay. Where were you all my life?"

"Stop being dramatic." Mike said.

"You should be ashamed of yourself. I have known you guys since high school and you don't ever care about me." Dew said pouting.

"I picked up your a** this morning to take you to college." Macau said sitting in front of me.

"Are you always like this?" Krit asked Dew.