33. ❝Let's get married❞

Start from the beginning

Haniya smiled as she greeted Ishika.

"Kitni pyaari lag rahi hain aap", Ishika said kissing her head.

(You're looking so pretty)

When Sahil heard his grandmother's compliment, he curiously moved aside to take a look at her but he was again interrupted.

"Don't worry Sahil, you'll be spared some time to talk to her", Ahaan said keeping his hand on Sahil's shoulder as Armaan burst into laughter along with Ahaan.

Before Sahil could say something.

"Come on boys, let's have lunch first", Aryaan said. Three of them nodded.

Sahil watched everybody moving to the dining hall one by one as he waited for Haniya. Haniya was at the end of the crowd with Sara and Aiza moving towards the kitchen. He tried to peak through Sara and Aiza as Haniya walked between them but all he could see was her hand moving in the air as she talked. She could feel his heavy stare at her but she tried her best to ignore his stare. Her mind betrayed her, heat radiated from her cheeks as they turned red.

"Agar aapki naa kaam koshishein khatam ho gayi ho toh chale ab", Armaan whispered to Sahil.

(If your failed efforts have ended then shall we go now?)

Sahil turned to look at him.

"It feels like everybody is blocking me from looking at her intentionally", He sighed.

"It happens", Armaan gave him a sympathetic look while patting his back.

Sahil sighed heavily following everyone to the dining hall. Haniya went into the kitchen with Aiza and Sara.

"Poor Sahil! Why did you ask us to cover you?", Sara asked.

"I just don't him to see me", Haniya sighed.

"Ohhh!", Aiza said before bursting into laughter.

"Come let's go", Haniya took the basket of chapatis (bread) and moved out.

As soon as she entered the dining hall, Sara and Aiza took their seats. Haniya looked at everyone passing her sweetest smile ever, except him. Sahil looked at her and he couldn't take his eyes off her. The way she smiled, the way she moved around the room, the way her cheeks turned rosy upon hearing the compliments, everything captivated him. For him, she looked like a goddess. He eagerly waited for her to look at him once, just once. But instead, she perfectly ignored him. He knows that she can feel his stare on her, he knows what's going on in her mind, and he knows how fast her heart is beating right now.

I will also see how long you ignore me like this- He thought.

He smirked not taking his eyes off her as she moved around the room serving chapatis to everyone. He patiently waited for his turn as he noticed her every movement. The slight shiver in her fingers, the small beads of sweat on her forehead, her gulping in every second to make her dry throat wet. He noticed everything.

"Amma ji, chapati", Haniya said putting a chapati on her plate as she served it to everyone individually.

"Hani, Sahil ki plate dekhiye bilkul khaali hain. Usne kuch liya hi nahi abhi tak, usko chapati dijiye", Misha said looking at Sahil's plate.