18. May I?

AUTHOR'S POV

The whole room was silent, only faint whispers of people could be heard. Haniya lay unconscious on her bed. Her room was filled with concerned people as the doctor examined her. Misha sobbed continuously seeing her daughter in this condition, Aaryan worriedly tried to console his wife while Ahaan and Aiza stood in her bed whispering continuously with the doctor about her condition. 

"Doctor, What's taking so long?", Ahaan said worriedly. 

"Ahaan, calm down and let him do his work", Aiza smacked his head when he made a face. The doctor sighed heavily as he stood up.

"Nothing serious, she fainted due to some stress either mentally or physically. The way her condition is, all I can say is that she has been under a lot of pressure and stress. I've given her an injection and these are some prescribed medicines", He said handing a list of medicines to Ahaan. 

"Also, please make sure that she isn't taking any stress or she might faint again and It can turn into something serious. I'll take my leave now", The doctor gave Aaryan a tight smile while patting his shoulder. 

"Thank you, doctor", Aaryan signaled Ahaan to see off the doctor. Ahaan left the room with the doctor while Aaryan followed him. As soon as the doctor left the room, Misha immediately ran towards her daughter's lying figure on the bed. 

"Kya haalat karli hai Hani aapne apni", She sobbed while caressing Haniya's head. 

(What situation have you got yourself into Hani?)

"Mama, please sambhale aapne aapko, doctor ne kaha na kuch serious baat nahi hai. Haniya theek ho jayegi", Aiza held Misha's shoulders trying to comfort her with tears in her own eyes. 

(Mama, please take care of yourself, the doctor said, it is nothing serious. Haniya will be fine)

Both the women couldn't see Haniya in this condition. Misha had told Aiza everything she saw in Haniya's room. When Aiza got to know about all this, she immediately came to her mother from her house. 

"I'm such a bad mother! My poor baby was going through so much and I didn't even know about it. I was angry that she didn't tell me about it but didn't think about what my baby must be going through", She said as she kept on crying. 

"Don't say like this Mama. Do you think Haniya would be happy if she came to know about this",  Aiza tried to calm her mother down but everything went in vain. 

HANIYA'S POV

I felt my throat dry as I tried to gulp down the saliva but I couldn't. Ugh! Why does my head feel so heavy?!  I could hear a faint cry in the background and some other voices too. What the hell is happening?! I slowly tried to open my eyes but I ended up shutting them tightly due to the excessive light. My head was hurting so bad.

"Mama", I tried to call her but my voice came out as a whisper. I don't even know if heard me or not. I felt someone holding my hand tightly as I tried to open my eyes again. Oh god! It felt like someone was hammering my head. 

"Mama, my head", I whispered again as I had no energy to talk aloud. 

"Is it hurting, baby?", I nodded. I felt Mama caressing my head. A small smile crept on my face when she slowly caressed my head. Mmm, It feels good now. Mama's always the best. 

"The light", I whispered again, I felt so silly talking in words but I had no energy to form proper sentences. 

"Aiza, switch off some lights. They might be hurting her", Oh! Didi is also here. Is there some party going on? Then why am I lying on my bed?