53. Black Tulips

The black tulip is a unique and rare flower that represents forbidden love. Its dark color symbolizes mystery, elegance, and sophistication, while its forbidden nature adds a sense of secrecy and taboo. In the language of flowers, the black tulip represents a love that is forbidden, taboo, or unattainable, often associated with dark and dramatic romance. It is the flower that speaks of a love that is hidden or kept secret, a love that may be forbidden by social or cultural norms, or a love that is unrequited or impossible

The black tulip's association with forbidden love can be traced back to the Ottoman Empire, where it was believed that the flower possessed magical powers and was a symbol of undying love. It was also associated with the legend of a prince who fell in love with a maiden but was forbidden to marry her, and as a result, he committed suicide. It is said that the prince's blood grew a black tulip, representing his forbidden love. The black tulip's association with forbidden love continues to this day, and it is often used as a symbol in literature, poetry, and art to depict the tragedy of a love that is unattainable or forbidden

Blaine didn't speak while Ames handed him the wet bowls, and in some way, he sort of preferred it that way. He didn't know why, but whenever he was around Ames, this weird heat climbed up his spine, and that unsettled him. He was a jerk-much like himself and even though he was appealing to look at, his resting bitch face was... okay, he couldn't lie, even that was attractive. Fuck. Why did he agree to help him? He could have just let Ames handle this on his own, but then... he rarely ever got to be this close to him let alone in a room with him, with just the two of them.

"You're thinking too loud. Wipe the bowls and quit staring at me." Ames said softly.

Blaine's eyes rose to catch a slight deepening of his cheeks, like his hardened demeanor wasn't so unbreakable, and nodded. The way his voice was steady and calm almost made him want to laugh, but for the sake of their privacy, he didn't make a sound.

"Why'd you offer to help?" Ames asked.

Blaine wondered why also. "Dunno. Wanted to help. Why? You dislike my presence that much?" He tried to keep the venom out of his words, but he successfully failed. Ames looked at him then, and he gulped, but the lump stuck in his throat.

"I don't. You're not true identical twins, are you? Your beauty mark is different, and your chin too." He cast his eyes back to the sink. "I don't mind the company."

"How can you just-" Blaine stopped his stupid mouth before he could utter something he'd regret and sighed.

"My house, I can say whatever I want," Ames smirked, after seeing the fluster on Blaine's face, dammit, why did he look so cute? How could he when he looked like his twin... but they weren't photocopies of each other, they were different,

"Shut up! Or I'll shut your mouth for you." He snapped, setting the bowl down a bit roughly.

Ames' smirk only grew, "oh yeah, how?" He knew playing with fire was dangerous, but seeing Blaine get pissed was fun. He had been scolded all night and he was finally having some fun.

"With my foot up your ass! That's how." Blaine tried keeping his voice down, so they wouldn't attract any attention from the next room but then Ames did the unthinkable and pinned him to the counter. He was slightly taller and wearing a loose tank top opposed to him who had on a plain tee.

"Oh, I'm not into feet. But I am into dick. Maybe you should change that sentence around." Ames wasn't thinking of the consequences, not when he was having fun painting Blaine into a tomato.

"What the-Urgh, fuck off!" Blaine pushed against his chest, then swallowed hard at the firm, toned body under his palm. Had he always been this fit-given he barely knew the guy, but damn. Ames was slender almost like Auggie, so he didn't peg him for someone who could be stronger than him.