49. Red Tulips

Benton hummed as he ignored a text from Brook asking him for a favor. He clicked off his cell, rolling his eyes, the audacity of that girl after what she tried to do to August and them and the way she acted so innocent afterward. He scoffed and leaned against the wall of the back porch, focus drifting.

"Well, hello handsome."

Snapping out of it Benton looked up to find Cory walking up to him with a smirk. "Handsome?"

"Who else is around? Plus, it's your house." Cory snickered and walked up the stairs. He moved towards Benny and planted a hand next to him on the wall. "Why are you here alone?" He asked, knowing that Ben was home alone for the week. He waited and idly touched Benny's chin. He caught his frantic gaze and chuckled, "Do you like me?" The younger one's eyes widened.

Benton gulped. He couldn't speak! Not with Cory voicing something that he did not yet feel ready to say out loud.

Cory stepped back, removing his hand, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have teased you so carelessly. You don't need to answer," he scratched the nape of his neck, "I was just curious... I'll leave you alone." Cory turned, kicking himself in the ass at how he frightened his friend. He yelped as he was yanked backward.

"Wait!" Benton didn't think, he didn't intend to be asked such a question, but seeing Cory awkwardly shuffle about trying not to offend him was endearing. He knew his face was redder than chili peppers, but he pushed himself to speak up. "I do like you." He said, meeting Cory's eyes. "Did I ruin our friendship?"

Cory scoffed, shaking his head. "No, you didn't. Why would you think that?"

Benton shrugged, "I didn't want to offend you. I mean... I've never actually seen you date anyone." Cory's laughter spooked him but he chuckled nervously at the same time. Cory's eyes softened once the laughter died away.

"Ben. Benny, I'm not offended," Cory said, wiping away a tear underneath Ben's eye. "You know me, I never cared for titles or defining my sexual preference. I date whoever I want to. And I've noticed your awkward moments around me. How long have you been into me? If you don't mind me asking."

Benton worried his bottom lip, diverting his gaze, to the hanging planter, "Umm... it's been about a year. I always thought you were handsome a-and funny, but I didn't want to ruin us," he paused for a second, "I saw you kiss someone last year at the annual fair and that was it. I was planning to forget about my feelings for you, but then I heard from Pete that you didn't date and I became hopeful again. I don't know... please say something."

"Huh? How'd they look?" Cory frowned his brows, he didn't kiss much, so he could narrow down that list.

"Uhm, umm. P-pink curly hair, and this cute, almost schoolgirl outfit." Benton elaborated.

Cory smiled, "Ah, that was a friend who I sometimes have sex with. His name is Grayson, and yeah, he has a peculiar fashion sense. He loves acting as a buffer to deter people from flirting with me. I had asked him to be my date since he enjoys playing games at the fair." Cory laughed, "did you really think I was taken?"

Benton threw his hands up, "I don't know! You're so standoffish, Cory! You don't speak about your personal life. So, I'm left to guess and observe you."

Cory gulped softly. "My bad." He shook his head, it came back to bite him in the ass. "I don't always mean to, Benny. Gray keeps saying that I'm an introvert, but that's at odd times. I'm sorry, honestly." He smirked. "So you like observing me?" Ben visibly froze and Cory couldn't help it. He blushed as the younger one's cheeks grew redder and swung an arm around his neck, pulling him to his side. "Benny I-," Cory gasped when lips crushed against his and then they were gone the next second. Benny pushed himself away, blushing furiously. Cory stood there, held at arm's length. Benny dropped his hands and then watched him as he touched his lips. "Oh, hell no. You don't get to kiss me and act shy now. Kiss me again." Ben whipped around, eyes bright as stars.

"W-what?" Benton asked.

"Kiss me again," Cory repeated. This time Ben moved slowly and cupped his face, sending shivers down his spine. Benny leaned in and touched their foreheads, hesitating before he pressed their lips together. Cory sighed against him, then deepened their exchange. He moaned, such soft lips, so sweet. Benny shuddered against him moved his hands to his waist and pulled him in.

Benton couldn't believe they were kissing! He was kissing Cory! He hissed as the older one licked at his bottom lip, then held him closer, those big hands so warm on his skin. He moaned and wound his arms around his neck. Cory stepped forward, causing him to backstep, moving him backward until he met the wall and then he groaned and broke their kiss, tilting his chin up before smiling.

"I like you too," Cory whispered.

Benton blinked away the glassy feeling in his eyes and nodded. "I like you so much." Cory leaned in and kissed his cheek, then his chin, his jawline, and then his neck. Benton gasped softly, fisting a hand in the back of his shirt as he arched off the wall, "Ah, Cory," He whimpered when he felt teeth at his collarbone.

"Yes, Benny?"

"Thank you," Benton whispered, Cory lifted his head, a soft smile gracing his face, the slight dimple appearing at the corner of his lips.

"Thank you, Benny. Kiss me." Cory grinned. Ben smirked and leaned in.

》》》》》

Bucky's phone pinged. He looked away from the movie he was watching with partners, shrugging his arm from Auggie's waist, and leaned forward to grab his phone. "Thought I put this on do not disturb."

"Maybe, it's important," Claude muttered. Auggie simply hummed. Theo took his phone and then leaned back between his lovers.

Bucky unlocked his phone and then smiled when he read a text from Cory.

August leaned in to see Theo's phone and then giggled. "Finally!" The older one looked at her and arched a brow.

"Finally?" Bucky asked.

"What's going on?" Claude glanced over as Bucky held up his phone. His eyes widened and he chuckled. "Way to go. Give them my best regards."

On Bucky's phone was a picture of Cory kissing Ben while winking at his camera.

》》》》》

9:45 am

The doorbell rang, and Benton groaned, rousing from sleep as he slipped his arm from under Cory's neck. He blinked his eyes open and then smiled when he saw the handsome sleeping face of his lover. His lover, hm. He could get used to this. He sat up and yawned, stretching as he heard the bell chime once more. He sighed then threw the covers off. They hadn't had sex, but they did get hot and bothered last night. He slipped on a pair of shorts and a hoodie then left the room, walking towards the front of the house. Benton opened the door and arched a brow at the unusual delivery. A vase of red flowers was carefully set on the doormat in a white box with a clear plastic window. He picked it up and saw a card. "From ABC to BenOry." Benton scrunched up his face, and then it clicked, and he smiled, snickering at the silly ship name before reading the rest of the card. "Red Tulips: deep red hues evoke feelings of passion, love, and lust-making them an especially popular choice for new, younger couples. They can also mean, 'Believe me' or 'My feelings are true.' Cute. Thank you, Auggie."

"Benny?" Cory called out, rubbing his eyes, and yawning as the front door closed. "Who was it?"

"August, Bucky, and Claude sent us a gift."

"Tulips? Ha, cute. Let's thank her later." Cory said, removing the vase from Benny's hand to set it down on the small table near the couch. Ben was about to ask a question but Cory cut off his words with a kiss.

Benton moaned, licking at Cory's tongue as he held his waist, deepening their exchange.