chaos rising

It wasn't that Hawkins enjoyed chaos, he was only ever amused by windless night in appreciation of solace sleeps and tranquil dreams. He would admit he rather did something else, anything else other than be in middle of a turmoiled job if it wasn't for his past. The past that had rewritten his destiny and path, now it was all he clung to, this dream was his only belonging, it didn't matter to him if it was wrong or right, his mind has murdered any other argument that breathed his psyche for he was too deep in mud to crawl out.

His eyes mirrored the purple swirling light that had started to form beneath the roof, one could tell it radiated evil, not because it looked like a sight out of an action movie, it was the aura that stung their soul in a manner that screamed fear. Anyone present in the hall could feel its wicked intention as if the machine was a living person who breathed mischief. Their heart felt such vibration of fear that made their stomach hurt, their gut feeling telling them to run away and drop the project, but their freedom didn't belong to them, it belonged to their superior scientist in charge.

"The connection has begun" Brandon was informed.

"Let it stabilize." He instructed to avoid repeating any mistakes like last time. This was his last chance to make it work and he would not hurry.

"Sir, the ambush-"

"They won't reach us." He replied sure of himself. His gaze never leaving the purple gate of multiverse, yet small soon to grow enormous.

.

"I can reach there, I just have to break these doors" I said looking at the giant metal doors blocking our way to the other side. I could feel something on the other side, something otherworldly.

While Mikey stayed behind to hold other soldiers, I reached my destination. Almost.

I covered my fist in a crystal layer to knock against the door lightly, it wasn't gonna break easily of course, I was merely inspecting the difficulty level. I began to walk backwards preparing to expect the unexpected, to fight whoever made themselves known.

I slashed the doors with giant blades and pulled them back, taking the metal doors with to the ground with an earsplitting bang.

The sight inside took me by surprise, even if I expected the unexpected, I didn't understand what was going on.

Inside was a large room that was empty of any life, it only held a mysterious machinary of sort. Machinary large enough to compete against the arc reactor, the initial one that took down Obadiah Stane in his last battle against Iron man. Its structure also being similar. The enormous machine taking up all the space available in the room.

It filled me with confusion, this thing indeed was the source of my instincts. Standing so close to it made me feel unease. What was this thing?

.

"Tony, you find something?" Captain asked in his comms, now split apart separate ways to inspect the building that didn't look anything less than a horror movie scene. Each member on a different floor to make it easier and time efficient.

His face frowning when he didn't hear any answer from his teammate.

"Tony?"

"Huh?" He got his answer from the man, who seemed to have zoned out til now, "what was it?"

"Not a good time to stroll around, pay attention to your surroundings."

"I have an armor to protect myself, cap. But thank you for your concerns." Iron man replied now coming to his senses, his mind was indeed wandered off to somewhere else, but it was not anything less important of a matter.