the battle 2

"where is the Tesseract?"

The question lingered in the air while I was running out of patience, Strucker's eyes reflected my furious face, more so they reflected his fear which I could care less about. He was demented if he should give it away or risk his life, in the end he chose life.

"If I tell you, would you let me go alive?"

"I will."

"....It's in the underground level, at the very bottom...with him." His voice fumbled the assertion he always carried with him.

I nodded at his answer before leaving his collar letting him free, Mike was visibly disappointed in his little freedom, debating if he should make his hands dirty instead because he believed it was for the better of mankind if this monster stayed dead.

Strucker tried to crawl away to safety to his best efforts with a relieved smile on his bloodied face, his happiness was short lived when I pressed my foot on his ankle to stop him, he cringed in pain as he looked back at me,

"Where do you think you're going?"

"You promised you'd let me go." He argued,

"I agreed to let you go alive, I didn't say anything about letting you go unharmed."

My brain showed me flashbacks of the days I was used like a labrat. All those days being punished for sins I did not commit, being experimented on like some animal, all because of this man. My past self would haunt me forever if I let this monster go without giving him a taste of his own medicine.

His eyes showed true fear that made me so satisfied,

"You altered my life forever, it's only fair I return your favor." I stated as my dagger turned in a sword,

"No no no wait wait..." He tried to crawl away unsuccessfully, "let me go! Let me- Help!!!" He screamed at Miky when he noticed him standing there not so far away,

"I would close my eyes if I were you." He suggested while I raised my sword high in air,

"Wait wait, what are you doing! Stop!!" The last thing he said before witnessing his demise, Strucker could only watch helplessly as the sword cut through his knee, his leg below no longer a part of his body. One could only cry as the pain caught up to him, praying on his god he was somewhere else instead.

.

"She's not responding." Agent Coulson informed,

"Is there any problem with receiver?" Black widow asked,

"No, she's just not replying at all."

"I swear if I find her pulling a grand theft auto on that base when we get there then I-" Tony tried to bring together his words trying to ignore his rapid heart beats thinking about all the possibles ways I could get hurt trying to fight HYDRA, "then...then she's grounded, no phone no TV no videogames no...no biriyani. No nothing!"

"Tony." Captain called him,

"Don't 'tony' me and don't tell me to calm down either. This isn't a joke."

"Tony, we understand. We're all worried but don't panic, we'll get there on time." 

"Who's panicking, I'm not panicking. I'm angry, Cap! I don't even know what's going on there."

"Maybe she's not actually there and just went to sleep after we left." Thor gave a second opinion, Banner tried to give him a signal to not. He knew how Tony could act when angry and it wasn't something they needed at the moment.

Avengers rushed out of their jet as soon as it landed, they were ready to fight the expected enemies but slightly surprised no one had engaged them even after coming this far into their territory which was unexpected.