love for Lily

Nothing can be more enchanted without magic than existing along nature, the air you get to breath beneath a tree, the intoxicated scent of flowers and the chill morning wind in garden could heal anyone.

Unfortunately it can't heal my sleep or sleeping schedule. Here I was yawning as I was helping to water some plants in garden, I was still tired from lack of sleep because of last night, but my schedule for next day couldn't be compromised. I woke up early like usual but there was this wierd feeling since then and it wouldn't go away.

"Didn't get sleep last night?" Old man Milo asked, I looked behind to find him digging soil for some new plant as he was talking to me,

"No, I mean I did but...not enough. I was just reading til late night nothing else." I said turning back around, I didn't like lying but I guess sometimes doesn't hurt, does it?

"Try to manage your time better in daylight." He suggested.

"Yes." I replied before looking at him again, "what are those plants?"

"It's for lilies, thought we didn't have enough of them." He smiled,

"Really? Which one? I love them." I grinned,

"It's stargazer lilies, they'll grow very beautiful one day."

"Hey, now way. There's my most favourite."

"Isn't that a coincidence?" He laughed before turning to me, "that's enough for today, thank you for helping."

"Don't mention it." I place pipe down before turning off the tap, Milo was still busy digging so I decided to stay a little longer just to see it.

"How long will it take for them to grow?"

"Few weeks if we take care of them well." He signed before continuing, "but I'm going out for few days, I'm worried they're gonna dry out before they even get a chance to properly grow."

"Oh...I'll take of them." I offered as I sat down on my knees besides him,

"You will?" He looked at me hopefully,

"...is it hard?"

"No no. They're very easy to take care of, but be careful still."

"Okay." I smiled,

"Thank you, Diya." He said happily and relieved,

"You're welcome." I blushed slightly, I always loved it when I was reason of someone else's happiness, specially when they thanked me for it, or even complimented me for little things, it might look silly but it meant a lot to me because it was so new for me, how everyone would always pronounced my name with either respect or pride, and it felt like I earned it.

"I did say it's easy but don't underestimate the work. You have to water it on time and protect it from bugs, water it just the right amount, if you don't give enough water they'll dry out if you give too much water they'll burn out, so keep it balanced and make sure they get enough sunlight."

"Understood, don't worry I got it."

"And play some music while at it."

"Why? Does it make a difference?" I asked,

"I believe it always makes a difference when you raise them with love, you'll find a great difference when it's raised with love and care, they turn out prettier from inside and out compared to those who were raised with no emotional care." He explained,

"....wow okay." I didn't know it took this much to raise some flowers, "I really want to see them bloom one day."

"Then make sure you are here for it, they only bloom once a year. It is a sight to see." He turned to me, "why do you like them so much?"