A chance to change

It had been 2 weeks, 2 weeks since I came back and things have been hectic. This....power, It's getting harder to control it. Let's just say they seem to be growing day by day

Fury is the one most concerned, I didn't blame him since he was right to be worried about everyone's safety. But that wasn't the only problem, HYDRA was still out there and Fury suspected they might be planning to snap back for a payback. He said he would try to dig more into SHIELD records for evidence against them.

"no!" I exclaimed hearing that.

He was a little surprised by my sudden response that was rather loud and frowned,

"I mean...not now. These guys have their eyes everywhere, they're growing inside SHIELD like parasites and they won't hesitate to eliminate you if they doubt even a little."

"so you want me to sit back and let them do as they please?" he replied raising his eyebrows in disbelief.

"no...yes, not really but yes I mean just...I don't know, this is not the right time."

"you do realize we just attacked one of their bases, they won't let it slide. They're sharpening their knifes as we're talking right now."

"I realize that but I don't know what to do anymore..." I reply before signing.

"perhaps if I was informed earlier we wouldn't be in this situation." He said looking outside.

" I didn't say anything because I didn't want to mess things in this world." I answered looking away.

"maybe you were wrong." He turned to looking at me.

"maybe." I whispered.

"it's still not too late, tell me everything I should know and we can handle this."

"I can't...I'm sorry."I looked at his direction again.

He signed before changing the topic,

"Brandon Hawking."

My ears perked up hearing that,

"sounds familiar to you?"

"I know nothing about him, saw him for the first time at that base." I replied honestly.

"that's all we got on him..." he handed me a tab with his photo and history, "...joined SHIELD after losing his family, him and his wife had been working on their multiverse theory but got rejected from everywhere..." He told me as I kept reading from the tab as his family picture showed up, he looked the same except he didn't have that scar on his face, I wonder how he got that, "...his daughter, Lily hawking, killed in robbery." I glanced at Fury before looking at her face again, she looked a bit like me, same hair and eyes, come to think of it she looked very similar to the way I looked when I was her age except the pale white skin.

"HYDRA grew an interest in him and his theory we suppose." Fury continued.

"well, he wasn't wrong on that." I replied handing him back his tab.

"that man has nothing to lose anymore."

"so am I supposed to feel bad for him now?"

"no, but this is a reason that makes him dangerous, he won't stop until he gets what he wants. That's why we won't stop either." He said and started walking out but stopped midway and turned to me,

"I'm all ears in case you change your mind..." he said as he handed me a card, "contact me directly."

"I'll keep in mind."