do or die

I had to find a way to escape without harming Bucky.

I was not going back without a fight.

I created a wall in front of him and pushed him back, he used all his force to push back against it as he dug his feet on floor, bottom of his shoes felt warm from the friction that was created in the process, meanwhile I ran a little before creating platforms to jump on air, going up high and far enough to stay on top with a fair distance, crystal chains rose from floor around him to bind him in his place, it was hard to focus with this severe pain in my head that was not going to go away, I had to fight him and myself to stay awake at least, more I used my powers more throbbing pain I could feel in my brain.

While Bucky was busy trying to set himself free I skipped straight to the stairs, as soon I landed I felt a strong surge in my wound that made me fall on knees while I grunted alone, it made me lose focus on my powers and the chains that held Bucky disappeared, I was so busy trying to get back on my feet I didn't notice him running to me, I quickly made the hand signs to perform the summoning ritual but was cut short with him grabbing me again, he was basically draging me down the stairs while I struggled to breath, I somehow to slid three of my fingers to complete the summoning, my Mockingbird was welcomed in this fight as he tried to fight Bucky on his own, he could only peck him and fly around his head to distract him, his small contribution gave me enough time to escape.

Running up stairs was not going to work as he would catch up to me easily with my injury, running anywhere was not suitable for me, I tried to walk fast somewhere good enough to hide, I went to the area behind this main hall under the stairs,  I saw an antique chest big enough for me fit in, I opened it to find it empty, I sat inside before shutting it close, in this absolute darkness I couldn't even see my own body, I could only hold my head and conver my mouth to stop any noises from going out.

Meanwhile Bucky punched the bird against a wall, it left a crack on wall while the bird slid to floor, after all it was only a bird, it couldn't have done much, at least it gave me enough time to hide. He immediately went back on finding me, I could hear him walking closer second by second, I shut my eyes and hold my breath from fear as I herd him walk by. I opened the lid slightly to see him walking away the opposite side, but he would come back here eventually because there is a dead end.

He came to a dead end right after, he figured out I was somewhere close by and probably hid somewhere around right here with this end. He turned around to scan the area, with nowhere else to go there was only one possibility, his eyes stopped on a big chest he walked by earlier, he clenched his metal fist before scratching the wall as he walked closer to the chest, his metal arm leaving long scratch marks behind as if a butcher was sharpening his axe before cutting a lamb, those screeching noises could haunt anyone in their last minute of life.

Meanwhile Chichi tried to collect itself from the impact it just felt, it took some time to fly properly again but he made it back on air, it figured out it couldn't take on the soldier, resulting in him going somewhere else instead, it flew straight up the stairs down the hallway that led to the door to kamar taj.

Bucky reached his target as he punched the lid on top so hard it left a hole, he ripped it open hopping to find me but surprisingly it was empty.
I peaked through a keyhole from a door of another room down the opposite area, he looked around knowing I escaped somewhere else. It was about time he finds out where I am.

I rested my head against the door while I sat on floor holding on this doorknob, I'll go out once I see an opening, until then I tried to recollect my breath. I could do it, this is the moment I trained for, to protect myself, even if I had to fight one on one I will. Although it was not very helpful in this injured state, not only my head but my ankle was also hurting from his tight grip earlier making even harder to run.