words of wisdom

This isn't how I imagined to spend my day, I don't think anyone did. I was sitting in awkward silence in medical room while Mikey was wrapping bandage on my ankle, I couldn't tell wheather he was angry or worried, maybe both.

I didn't know if I should have said something or stayed silent, I hated this awkward atmosphere,

"Are you angry?"

"Not at you." He said as we went back to an awkward void.

"I should call everyone back at new York...I think."

"Wait until I'm finished." He replied continuing with bandage, "Do you need anything else?"

"Hey, I'm fine. You don't have to worry."

"Fine?...fine?! Just look at yourself, you could have died!"

"Just like before at that HYDRA base and before that in new york attack. Come to think of it maybe I have nine lives like a cat." I laughed.

"It's not funny." He signed.

"Sorry." I whispered looking down.

He took a moment to realise he was being cold towards me, he didn't mean to come off as rude but the tention has made his tone bitter towards the wrong person, he sat besides me with a calmer look before speaking again,

"No, I'm sorry, but it's not something to joke around. Do you think you'll get a happy reaction once you inform others?" He asked making me realise probably not, everyone would be worried and angry too. They might as well prepare to declare a war and I might have to stay inside a room for the rest of my life because they don't want me to get in trouble again, I was rethinking my decision to share anything with them now.

"I'm not happy either, bhaiya... I don't know but I don't feel sad or angry, I just feel...blank and empty...shit." I hide my face with my palms.

"Yeah shit..." He said before noticing another injury on my arm, "shit, left a burn mark." He got up to find something to treat it.

Suddenly someone entered the room, we both looked ahead to find the Ancient one walking in followed by Mordo.

"Jesus." Mordo whispered to himself.

I got up to stand on my feet but Ancient one intervened,

"I'd prefer you rest." She told me walking next to me, which I obeyed while Mikey stood aside to give her space,

"You showed an impressive defence I must say."

"Well, it was either that or they take me with them back to their base...I became..desperate to not go back."

"Fear" she started, "it can work in your favour often"

"What happened to Master Kaecilius? Wasn't he fighting b-..that dude with metal arm?" I asked looking at them,

"He's back, those people managed to run away."

"That metal arm guy too?"

"He gave quite a fight before eventually retrieving. His job was left unfinished after you left, he had no intention of staying any longer." Mordo answered, "these people never learn to give up, they actually made it inside this time." He finished with anger.

"Yea- wait, you went against them before?" I asked looking around but Mikey seemed equally confused and stared at Mordo as well, I turned to the Ancient one who had a look of a guilty person, "it's not their first time breaking in?"

"They've tried to force their way inside many times but never made it past our doorsteps, master Kaecilius and master Drumm protected the sanctum, however today it was left unsupervised and we didn't sense any force of danger." Mordo cleared my confusion.