A threat?

They all stayed there waiting for her to say something but to their dismay she didn't utter a word, she looked down before turning her way around with a bit of struggle to walk properly and leaving without looking back.

Everyone shared a look not knowing what to do until Tony stood up from his seat and followed after her.

He saw her trying to walk back to their lab, walking with help of the wall just outside the conference room.

.

"kid." I heard from behind me.

I turned my head back and rested my back against the wall not being able to look him in the eyes as he was approaching me, before he could get close I got scared and backed away,

"N-no, don't. I don't want to hurt anyone." I said raising my hands.

"hey hey, it's alright, you won't hurt me..." he went trying to assure me and came closer carefully and held my arm , "...see, nothing. It's nothing. I'm okay."

I calmed down hearing that and let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Him on the other hand was still worried because as soon as he held my arm he got a reminder of my high temperature again as he touched my forehead,

"you shouldn't walk around with a fever like that..." He said before signing, "...come one, sit down." He sat down on the floor waiting for me to do the same. I was feeling so tired it didn't take me long to follow him and slid down.

"you heard everything?" he asked looking at me.

"not everything." I answered still looking away.

He didn't say anything more so I continued before swallowing, "are you...afraid of me?"

He turned to me with a bit of surprise visible on his face, but he understood why I asked it, he took a deep breath before correcting his posture,

"No. not even a little bit." He answered in a laid back tone while smiling down at me.

"what about them?"

"they're not scared either, kid. They're just...tired after the mission and tensed, bad guys got away with the cube and that glow stick..." Before I could say anything he got up, "...let's go, this floor is uncomfortable. You need to rest." He helped me get up and lead me back to the lab.

I sat down on a chair at the table, my eyes kept looking back at the monitor where I watched that video. Mr. Stark realized what was I looking at and turned it off quickly before taking another chair and sitting in front of me,

"let's not think about it, let's just talk about something else and get our minds off of this stuff. I think we both need this."

"...I didn't mean to do th-"

"shhh, I said no thinking about it."

Unknown to us, Thor and cap were standing on the doorway about to call me but stopped as I asked something,

"did I kill someone?" I asked again after a short pause, I gave him a pleading look because I wanted to know, I could have never forgive myself if I found out someone died because of me, he understood my look and signed before answering me,

"no, the facility was evacuated because of the ambush. No one was killed....kid, don't think that way. Think of the bright side, you got us out, we were surrounded by those soldiers don't you remember?"

"more like got in the way..." I mumble, "...Thor sai-"

"blondie is just a little grumpy don't listen to him...." Thor frowned a little taken back and cap nudged him to stay quiet, "...Paper is on her way, she can't wait to meet you, are you excited?" he tried to change the subject.