practice makes man perfect

Once again,

'Just need to focus more' I said to myself as I concentrated on my inner energy before channeling it on my palms, I saw few particles formation before degenerating. Yet again.

I signed in annoyance before covering my face and letting out a grunt.

"It's not working." I let out my muffled voice.

"You won't master it in one day, it'll take a long time. Keep practicing."

"That's what I've been doing from past 4 hours." I tell Kaecilius after facing him.

"3 and a half..." He corrected me before noticing my extremely tired state, he knew it was taking a lot of energy out of me, "...take a break."

I let out a tired breath before collapsing to the ground panting, I knew learning this won't be an easy journey, but I didn't imagine it was going to be this much tiring, I was doubting I would ever learn anything at this rate, what was I lacking?

"Are you sure I can control it? I mean...are we even doing it the right way?" I asked.

"That is how the book guided us."

"How do you know it's correct?"

"I don't, this is the only source we have and it was passed down to us by our forefathers, them I trust." He explained with a smile which I didn't return, if I'm being honest, he was still the scary villain for me,

"How long did it take you to learn magic?"

"2 week to learn, 4 months to master, but in your case it'll be longer, maybe one year..." He told me making me frown, was I that bad? "...don't get me wrong, you have potential but you don't know how to use it. Not to mention you are one of your own kind with crystal powers, I can only show you a map but you have to navigate your path on your own." He said honestly, he was too in an unexpected situation, he was teaching a form of magic that he can't perform nor can anyone in else in existence, it wasn't an easy task to teach let out learn about it.

I must not have seen it but he was trying his best to make it work somehow, he was analysing every move I made and my thought process behind it, every mistake I made and repeated, every time I lost concentration and why did it occur because that was all he had in his control, that being my way of learning a new skill, if he just understood my patern he could make that said map for me, in last few hours I may not have made any achievements but he sure did in learning something about me,

"Do you know what your problem is?" He asked me.

"I'm weak?"

"No..." He knelt down on one knee before me and pointed at my head, "...there."

"I have big forehead?" I asked covering it with my hand and looking at ground, I did have my own insecurity about my body but I was sure I didn't have a big forehead, or maybe I just didn't notice it until it now but how is that relevant right now?

"See, you did it again..." Kaecilius said gaining back my attention and a confused look, "...you think too much, every single second a new thought builds its home inside your head. Does it not feel overwhelming?"

I opened my mouth to reply but didn't and shut it back, how new. It's not like I was unaware of it.

"And you take everything personally." He added .

"No I don't." I replied offended.

"Yes you do, I can read your face like an open book. That's another problem while fighting an enemy, never let them read you."

"I don't want to fight anyone, I just don't want to hurt anyone around me."

"you will one day need to fight sooner or later."