✿》45 - Jubilee《✿

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Today is Eve of Jubilee. It's the night before we get presents and celebrate the winter solstice. We are having a party at the apartment with friends, family, and others. I know Bea is coming and my other friends from the Capitol are coming also. I don't exactly know what is happening at the party, but I am going to tell Bea everything that happened since the wedding, which has been a lot. When me, Bea and Lily were in the cell we would gossip a lot about anything and everything. You can find out a lot about people from gossip. I do have a phone in my room now and I have called Bea a couple of times. She seems to be doing well. I can't really tell over the phone. I can't see her body language or face.

Coriolanus wants to set up a playdate between me, Jason, and Cassandra. I don't want to have a playdate with anyone, I like my alone time and I like doing things by myself. And most kids their age like to play pretend. I have always hated playing pretend even when I was their age. I have never understood why you would pretend to do something. I only did it with Lily to make her feel better, and even then I felt really uncomfortable. I guess you sometimes have to do things that make you uncomfortable. With being me most things are uncomfortable and makes me want to rip my hair out.

I can't say anything anymore about being 13 in the Capitol because I made a deal with Coriolanus that I would stay quiet if I was able to visit the Covey twice a year. I just want to hangout with kids who are my age. I know I look 8 but I am 13 and I am smart, and younger kids are so immature. I mean I have always thought kids my age are immature because they are, but if they are younger than they are super immature. If I was taking care of a kid younger than me then that would be a different thing.

Coriolanus walks into my room and I stare at him not saying a word. Usually Lucy Gray is the one to come in and wake me up. Where's Lucy Gray? Is she ok? This isn't my routine, where is Lucy Gray?

"Why aren't you getting ready yet?" Coriolanus asks

"There's still hours until the party starts" I say

"Yes, but being ready is important" Coriolanus says

"Where's Lucy Gray?" I ask Coriolanus

"She's in the parlor" He says

"Why didn't she come and get me?" I ask Coriolanus

"Because I wanted to" Coriolanus says

"Well that's not my routine" I say to Coriolanus

"Can't you put your routine aside for once. I'm trying to be nice" Coriolanus says a bit annoyed

"No I can't put my routine aside because you ruined it. Now my routine is ruined because of you" I say to Coriolanus

"Well I am sorry for ruining your routine, but I am not getting Lucy Gray so start getting ready" Coriolanus says

"My clothes aren't put out yet" I say to Coriolanus pointing towards where my clothes are usually put out

"Why hasn't Caroline put them out yet?" Coriolanus asks

"Because I asked her not to" I say

"Why did you do that?" He asks

"Because I thought I didn't have to get dressed until later, and I wanted to stay in my pajamas until I had to get dressed" I say to Coriolanus

I hear the front door open and I listen for the voice at the door

"Hi, I'm here" Aunt Tigris says

"Aunt Tigris is here" I yell jumping out of bed and running to the front door