Chapter Fourteen

************ I wanted to thank Madi_needs_doughnuts  for this awesome new cover. Please post a comment I'd love to hear what you think about it! *************

Chapter Fourteen

Eric’s POV

“What the fuck are you doing here, Jessie.”

Jessie turned and smiled, twisting her long painted finger nails through her blonde hair. Her mouth was curved, perfectly white teeth gleaming in an equally perfect smile that never reached her eyes. She tilted her head to the side in a way she thought made her look sexy and perused her lips in a pout.

“Is that any way to great a friend, Eric?” Her lower lip stuck out and she flicked her long platinum hair over one shoulder.

“I thought we were closer than that.” Those words were accented by a slight movement of her shoulders as she tilted her breasts towards me.

“We were never close, Jessie. I fucked you, that’s it.” I growl, not caring how rude I sound.

Whether it was the tone of my voice or the look on my face, something got to Jessie and the perfect look dropped off of her face, returning to its normal bitchy look. She frowns at me, her eyes moving up and down my body in a slow movement.

Her eyes flick up to meet mine, “And what a good fuck it was.” She smirks, proud of herself for some unknown reason.

“You know why I’m here, I presume?”

“No actually I don’t. I usually don’t keep track of bitches day-to-day business, sorry.”

She takes a step over to me, her lips curved in another pout. “So cruel, Eric, so, so cruel.” She pats my cheek with her cold hands. I step back.

Jessie seems unfazed as she steps back. “I’m looking for Danny.” I cringe as she says this. Poor Danny, what did he do to deserve this?

“Why are you looking for him, I know he’s not stiffing you on his checks.” Danny doesn’t care about the money. He doesn’t care about her, the money; all he cares about is Daniel.

“No, he’s not.” She says.

“Then what do you want from him, more money?”

Danny would gladly pay her more, not that I’d tell her that. She’ll use Daniel against him in any way she can.

She turns her back to me as she walks around the living room, her five inch heels clicking on the wood flooring with each step. She trails her long ass nails on the wall and sighs. “If only you’d been the father.”

I snort. “You wouldn’t care if I were the father or not. If Daniel looked like me you’d claim he was mine.”

Her smile is full of white teeth and menace. “The stupid kid had to get Daniel’s mud brown eyes.” Jessie, in her full glory. How did Dad think she was sweet? Hell, how did I think she was sweet?

“Why do you even want custody of Daniel, Jessie, you and I both know you don’t give a fuck about him.”

“That’s true,” She muses. “Maybe I like having power over Danny.” She tilts her head to the side, flicking her bleached locks over her shoulder.

Time to wrap this up. “I don’t know where Danny is and if he’s not answering his phone it’s because he has something going on. God knows he wants to talk to you.” Sarcasm.

Jessie glances at the clock and slings her large bag-o-crap over her shoulder. “Tell Danny I want to talk to him, ‘kay, Dollface?” She smiles, pats my cheek once more, and lets herself out.

I wait until her car is flying down the road until I call Danny.

“Bitch-alert.” I say, not waiting for a “Hello”.

“Really? When?” Danny asks.

“Now, she just left. Why the hell haven’t you been answering her calls?” I don’t care what he and Jessie do with their kid just as long as they don’t involve me and she doesn’t come and see me.

“She sends me ten texts a day and calls me an equal amount. Dude, eighty-percent of the time it’s not even about Dan-Dan.” Danny sighs and I know he’s frustrated. If it were up to him, he’d get full custody. He loves that kid more than life itself. The bitch won’t give up custody though.

“Are you going to try and take it to court again?”

“I’m not sure man. That woman is fucked up. I know she don’t care about my kid, but goddamn it, I want him in my home where I can see him every fucking day. For one fucking day I want to see him from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep.” Danny growls and I know he’s about ready to rip his hair out.

“I know you love Daniel, man, we all do.” I know Danny hates Jessie. The only reason he could possibly stand her presence is Daniel. “How about you talk to her about it. You’ll probably have to pay her twice what you are now, but if you get to see Daniel more often wouldn’t it be worth it?”

Danny sighs. “Yeah.”

“I would suggest you call her now. She’s fucking pissed as it is, you don’t want her to sit around and let her rage build up before you call her.”

Danny chuckles. “Sure thing. I’ll let you know how it goes, kay?”

“You do that, good luck man, you’ll need it.” We both laugh and I hang up.

I scrub a hand over my face a sigh. Why the hell would Jessie be coming around here? She sure as fuck knows that I don’t want her. I never wanted her. I had an itch, she scratched it. One fucking time.

I’m goddamn tired of Jessie walking around trying to fuck up my shit. Does it bother me when she tries to claim Daniel is mine? Hell yeah. Will it bother me if Anna hears this goddamn rumor? Fuck yeah.

I growl, scrubbing my hands over my head. I want Anna so much but I know I’m going to screw it up, one way or another. Damn it. Why did this girl have to walk into my life! I was fine until Anna came into my party and pretty much dared me with that licorice game that I put on. I couldn’t wait to touch her that I didn’t care about losing the game. I wanted to feel her lips on mine, and damn if it wasn’t perfect. Just like her.

Not knowing what else to do to clear my head I grab my keys and climb in my truck. With the windows rolled down slightly, the music loud, and the speed fast I quickly feel my frustration fading away. I’m not upset about wanting Anna, I’m fucking pissed about Jessie. I hate Jessie for screwing up Danny and his son, but more importantly I don’t want her to fuck up the good thing I have going with Anna. I mean, fuck, I was in her bed this morning. How much better can the situation between us get?

I scrub a hand over my jaw and try and decide what I should do with Anna. Should I try and presume a regular boyfriend-girlfriend relationship or should I screw her for awhile. I want to fuck her so bad, but for some fucked up reason, I want to stick around. I’m the king of fucking and running, but with this girl, I want to stay around for the after glow.

Goddamn it, I sound like such a pussy.

I come to a stop at a red light. I stare blankly out the window as a small family crosses the cross walk. The little girl runs over to the flower shop and beams at her mom as she pulls a bouquet of lilies down. I watch as her mom shakes her head, a smile on her face as she hands over some money to pay for them.

The light turns green and I grin, moving to get into the next turn lane.

I need to buy some fucking flowers.