Chapter 22

"Jungkook, we've been walking for an eternity! Can you at least tell me where we're going?", I complained while we were walking for about fifteen minutes now.

"Don't ruin the moment, love. Be patient. Just a bit more."

"Is blindfolding a kink of yours?", I sighed. Having my eyes covered for that long, in this context, was really annoying.

He chuckled playfully, "It might be."

After a few more steps, he finally stopped and I felt his presence behind my back.

"We are here. Ready?", he whispered against my ear, slowly untying the blindfold.

"You did this by yourself?", the words slipped out of me with astonishment.

In front of me was a path made of hundreds of candles and rose petals, leading to a white table decorated with a more flowers, candle, champagne and wine.

He smiled, "I might have."

He placed a kiss on my cheek as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

He pulled out a chair for me to sit on, and poured in a glass of wine.

"What's all of this about?", I couldn't stop smiling as this man in front of me really knew how to make a woman happy.

He sat in front of me and cleared his throat.

"Look at this as a way of showing gratitude for not dumping me", he said jokingly.

"It's never too late", I said hiding my smile.

"Not gonna happen", he leaned back in his chair and took a sip from his glass.

"Why would you be so sure?", I provoked, rising my eyebrow.

"I will have to kill you then. You know too much", he said simply, without any exact emotion on his face.

My eyes widened and he burst into laughter.

"Adorable", he mumbled and took my hand pressing his lips against my skin.

"Do you really think I will let anything happen to you?"

AUTHOR'S POV

Another smile shone on Hyunsan's face. Jungkook got up and stood in front of the still confused girl. She watched closely his every move. His gallant posture was always present, but this time he didn't seem so sure of himself for the sweat running down his neck, his hands shaky and his voice trembling in a nervous tone.

"Hyun, I am not the same man I was, after I met you. You changed me. Tamed me. I stopped with so many things you are not even aware of. For you, I am trying to be the man you deserve."

He held both of her hands, caressing them with his thumbs.

The girl didn't say anything. With all her heart, she appreciated that man. Every time she would think that she cannot fall deeper, he proved her wrong. Her soul was in his possession, and under no chance he wanted to break it. In her struggles, he was her strength. In his wars, she was his peace.

"I am so madly in love with you. And I love that I am in love with you. My heart is so full of you that I can barely call it my own. You own me. I am completely yours. Body to soul. Blood to tear. Everything is yours."

Hyunsan didn't even realize that her eyes were full of tears as he spoke those words with sincerity. He knelt down in front of her, pulling out a red box from his pocket, revealing a diamond ring, with a butterfly engraved on it.

"I want to love you until my last breath. I want to fight for you. I want to live for you and I want to die for you. Until all the seas dry out, all the stars collide and the world ends, you have me. Even if forever does exist, let me have it with you. I promise to stay. I promise to love you when you're barely holding on. Wang Hyunsan, will you let me do that?"

Not being able to stutter even a word, the crying girl nodded, as her trembling hand covered her mouth. With all her heart, she wanted to be only his until her very last day. She wanted a piece of eternity with him, however long it actually lasted. No matter how many stars he saw in his life, none were as bright as she was. In the pitch of his darkness, depth of his despair, she was a trail of hope. She found him, when he was sure that he was entirely lost. He picked her up when she thought the bottom was too deep to see the surface. Not just that they were soulmates, they were each other's saviours. In the chaos of two entirely different universes meeting, survival was hard.

The world was crumbling around them, but there they still were. Woven from their lies and mistakes, slowly letting their masks fall, they held each other in the arms, as if everything would fall apart if they let go. The only thing that was definitely falling apart was themselves. No matter how much fear tries to hide the truth, it will always find it's way to the surface of circumstances. They both were perfectly fitting pieces, but the sad thing was, that it wasn't the same puzzle.