Chapter 10

Now, a new goal has been set.

Prove Jimin that I don't care about a criminal I knew for a couple of hours. I already imagined Jungkook behind the bars where he always belonged. As much as I was afraid of meeting that cursed boy again, I wanted so hard to get into his heart and do everything that was expected of me.

I dried my hair, put on minimal make-up to cover the dark circles under my eyes and found a simple black skirt, black top, deep leather boots and a black coat. I didn't bother about my hair. I let it fall down my back.

Someone rang the doorbell. Jungkook.

"Good evening, love", that well-seen smirk appeared on his face once I opened the door.

"You look beautiful, darling," he added.

"Good evening to you too, Jungkook," I glanced at the almost see-through shirt that fluttered around his well-sculpted body.

"We haven't even been together for a minute, and you're already eating me with your gaze, huh?", he teased and offered me his hand to grab leading me to the car.

"Don't flatter yourself", I rolled my eyes and got into the car, after he opened the door again, as expected.

"Why roses, Jungkook? Why this?", I asked, truly interested in his answer.

"We ourselves came to the conclusion that meeting in a club is not the best way, right? What about the roses?You don't like them?", he asked nonchalantly and looked at me for a moment before returning his gaze to the road. I nodded looking at my fingers.

"I see. The roses are beautiful. Thank you."

I could hear him chuckle, but I didn't look at him again.

"Where are we going?", I broke the silence.

"You are very curious, officer. Relax and enjoy yourself."

The 'officer' rang in my head. Was it a simple example of Jeon's sarcasm or a hint that still indicates that Jungkook was not as clueless as he pretended to be? I gulped and looked through the window, not saying a word more. Maybe I was too scared to say the anything. While he was around, I was scared to trust myself.

He parked very soon in front of one of the luxury restaurants in a wealthy part of Seoul.

"I hope you like this place," he smiled as we walked towards the glamorous entrance to this grand building.

"Good evening, Mr. Jeon. The table for two is ready", a middle-aged man smiled at Jungkook as he bowed to him, Jungkook doing the same.

"Thank you," he said simply, and led me to the table. The restaurant was huge. At first glance, it looked like those ballrooms from the movies about princesses. It exuded luxury, and was definitely not a place that a mere mortal could afford. He took us out to the balcony that had a view of the beautiful garden. We were a bit isolated from the other tables, and the music wasn't as loud here.

Jungkook quickly but deftly pulled out a chair for me to sit on, to which I smiled. This man had incredible manners.

Then, he sat down in front of me. Not long after, the waiter came, poured us some wine and took our orders.

"Let me guess. Does your brother own this too?" I said jokingly.

I received an amused look from him as he put his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his knuckles.

"Nope", he popped the 'P'.

My cheeks suddenly glowed in a bright red color, as I thought that I kept embarrassing myself asking such stupid questions all the time. I looked away, hiding from his gaze.

"But I do", he said simply, taking a sip of the red wine making me instantly look at him. He smirked.

"It really is a beautiful place.", I played it off.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

Her futile attempts to seem secure in herself were definitely not working. She fought with herself not to show the glimmer of admiration I knew she was hiding. I knew that I had an influence on her. She fascinated me, I must admit.

She was not one of those typical gold-diggers to throw herself into my arms in order to ensure herself unlimited amounts of riches and the life of her dreams. She did not seem to be attracted to materialism. From the way she spoke, I could see that I was dealing with a really literate and intelligent girl. The conversation was not at all different from the standard ones for getting to know each other better. I found out where she was from, what she studied, how she grew up without a mother, her father being sick in hospital, the name of her first pet, the music she listens to, the books she reads.

To some extent, I was honest too.

"My father was killed, his company fell to me. He believed that I was reliable enough to keep everything under control."

"I am sorry to hear that. I bet your father would be proud", she gave me a slight smile, and to my surprise she covered my tattooed hand, with her small pale one as a sign of her comforting me. Well, that was new. In her eyes, I saw the sincerity behind all the fear she tried to hide. I took her tiny hand and caressed it with my thumb. It was visible that she slowly relaxed. At this point, I didn't even know what I was doing anymore, but I was sure at this moment that sex might not be the only thing I needed from this girl. The hard-to-get game was always a turn on for me, but this time I felt like it was worth a shot. Maybe Seokjin-hyung was right.

Not wanting her to think that I cared, I sighed changing the topic. Letting my guard down just by the mention of my father wasn't the right thing to do.

"I know that he would be proud", I confirmed cleaning my throat.

"How come that a beauty like you doesn't have someone by her side?", I changed the topic.

"I don't think that love is something I should try to find. I rather think it comes when you least expect it. It's not something that you find, it is something that, I think, finds you", she replied and took a sip of the wine.

I had to admit that I was surprised with her answer.

"Poetic", I mumbled.

"Maybe. Love isn't something you should force. It comes naturally."

"But what if you were the one to love and it's one-sided?", I raised my eyebrow.

"Then it is not the right person."

Obviously, idiot.

I mentally punched myself for asking such a stupid question.

"Have you ever been in love?", she asked and I stopped for a second.

"In this chaotic world, I haven't experienced love.
I wouldn't say that it even exists."

She pouted.

"I guess I really did not found the one to reassure me that it does.", I added.

"So what does a woman have to do to gain such a cold heart?"

"Prove me loyalty. I am a loyal man myself. I am not going to let someone in just to watch them leave eventually. And what does a man need to know to win your heart?"

"Give me a reason to stay.", she said simply.

"Aren't you scared to get hurt?"

"Love is the same as pain. True love is having someone who is worth it."

Hyunsan really was a romantic soul. Vulnerability was a characteristic I would never want to have, but she carried it with pride.