Chapter 7

HYUNSAN'S POV

His voice was etched deep within me. He had that rough, raspy voice, with a hint of softness. His smirk, which made it difficult to read any emotions on his face, was constantly present as a mask.

The tattoos on his arm traveled from his hand, to the borders of his sleeve, which he raised just below the elbow, and went up to his neck.

And his eyes?

His playful look, which adorned that face the most, was a double-edged sword. He looked so naive and innocent, as if he wouldn't harm a fly.

But at times, that wonderful shine in his gaze would hide behind some inexplicable darkness, indicating that this man in front of me wasn't as harmless as he seemed.

Power.

Power was the word to explain this man. From his attitude, his posture, his gesture, I could tell that he always knows what he wants, and from his history, I could tell that he always gets what he wants.

I knew that this was a mission that I should not have embarked on so directly. They put all their hopes in me when they came up with a plan to get closer to them. I got lucky this time. This time he approached me first. I was sure that this was not a good idea, ever since Hoseok suggested coming to the club one of his brothers owned, right after finding out the location of it.

We had a couple of drinks more. I guess that you learn how to act in certain situations during the years working as a special agent. But this was not a James Bond movie. I had to watch what I said, how I behaved, even though I didn't feel the best in this tight dress, stepping far out of my comfort zone.

And Jungkook? He was charming, he knew what to say at every moment, as if everything had already been staged in advance. I am sitting next to a man before whom many people knelt in fear. Power is what I felt too.

"If it's not impolite to ask, what do you do for a living?" he asked, taking a sip of his drink.

"Me? I'm the chief executive of a small publishing company here in Seoul."

"So a bookworm, aren't you?"

"You could say that," I smiled shyly.

"And what is a smart girl like you doing here, in such a dark and promiscuous place?", he raised an eyebrow, and I pushed the lump in my throat.

"The friend I came with forced me to do this, but in the meantime she found 'fun' for herself. And what about you? What do you do?", I changed the subject.

He grinned and replied before taking another sip.

"I run a couple of businesses. Nothing special. In fact, a boring topic to waste this conversation on."

I unconsciously bit my lip and nodded. He certainly won't come with the words 'I kill people and rob banks for a living, tell me more about yourself'.

"Are you alone here?", I took over the conversation, questioning him.

"I'm not. My brother runs this club. I wouldn't say I was forced to come like you were, but I wasn't happy to get out of bed either, but if I hadn't..." he mumbled his last words, and I could barely hear him.

"Have you ever heard of the Butterfly effect?", he continued. He brought up exactly the topic I was waiting for. I nodded in response to his question and listened carefully to what he had to say next.

"Little things can lead to big consequences. If I hadn't gotten out of bed, I wouldn't have come. And if I hadn't come, I wouldn't have met the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."

He said those words in a decently seductive tone, if such a term even exists. It was difficult to find the right words to describe this man.

"You are aware that we are talking about the Chaos theory?", I stuttered uncertainly, looking him innocently in the eye.

His seductive gaze grew into a soft, gentle one, as he played with a strand of my hair that was resting on my bare shoulder.

"Chaos is the score upon which reality is written", I widened my eyes.

"Did you just quote-"

"Henry Miller. Yes. Yes, I did," he nonchalantly took another sip of whiskey, playing it all off.

"Fascinating..." I muttered for myself, but loud enough for him to hear.

"Mhm, I know," and that cocky attitude returned.

Looks like Jeon Jungkook is a Pandora's Box. He seems like a piece of ice on the surface of the ocean, but deep down he is a very complex and difficult character to understand.

"Anyway, love, if you don't mind, I would drive you home since your friend must be getting laid in one of the club's toilets and must have completely forgotten about you." he stood up.

Still mesmerized by the event of a few minutes ago, I got up after him and followed him through the crowd of drunk and dancing people. Everything around me seemed so slowed down, while he held my hand firmly but gently in his and walked so gallantly, not paying attention to anyone around him. The way to the underground garage seemed like an eternity, the air was like a gift after the torture in that big cloud of smoke.

In the sea of cars, a black Range Rover, blacked out on all sides, flashed a few times. Like the gentleman that he is, he opened the door for me and waited for me to sit in the car before taking the driver's seat.

"Address?" he asked as he exited the garage and walked away from the place.

I muttered an answer to him and fixed my gaze firmly on the road in front of us. I glanced at the clock. It was past 2 am. The boys must be pissed that I'm gone for so long.

"Why are you so silent, out of a sudden, hm? You're not afraid that I'll kidnap you, are you?", he asked playfully, bringing up the topic from before.

"As far as I know, this is my street. I doubt it's a kidnapping."

"And what if my base is hidden nearby?" he laughed in amusement.

"Then there's no need for you to kidnap me, we'd be neighbors anyway," I laughed too.

He parked right in front of my house and got out of the car to open the door for me again. He offered me his hand, which I gladly accepted considering that the heels were unstable and the car was huge.

"Thanks for the ride, Jungkook."

"I hope to see you again, love."

His every praise echoed through my head. But it wasn't something to pay attention to, since he was probably saying that to all the other women as well.

I was not even aware that we were still holding hands. He gently raised mine and planted a kiss on it, looking directly into my eyes.

"Good night, Mr. Jeon", I said firmly.

"Good night, Mrs. Wang.", was the only thing I heard before storming inside my house.

I leaned my back against the front door and slid to the floor.

Fuck.

What a man.