Chapter 2

I was at the office struggling with the paperwork, when I heard knocking on the door.

"Come in", I shouted so the person behind could clearly hear that I gave a permission for entrance.

"Namjoon has got the final results. You will be surprised", Jimin smiled with hesitation and waited for me to stand up. I walked past him and heard the door closing. In the main room where we were usually gathered, Namjoon was waiting for us.

"So, our victim was brutally killed with a blunt subject, my assumption is that it was a stone that Hyunsan found", Namjoon gave me a look from across the room and proceeded with his theories.

"The guy had a sexual intercourse before he died. Again, no signs of raping such as blue marks, cuts and bruises. Moving on to the stone. I didn't find fingerprints on it, but the DNA matches our victim. Maybe you should go and check the crime scene again, maybe you missed something", he said somewhat disappointingly.

"Thanks, Joon," Jimin nodded.

"Shall we, partner?", he turned to me but my mind was full of information that I had to order. We. Needed. More. Evidence.

"Hyun, let's go", Jimin turned around and grabbed the car keys.

"Good luck, guys", I heard Namjoon yelling behind us.

𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪

Everything was in the same position at the crime scene, only that this time there was no longer a lifeless body lying. There was still the same pool of blood that first caught my eyes when I arrived. At least the panic is gone.

'Think with your brain, not with your heart. See with your instincts not with your feelings. If you want to be successful you will have to lock your feelings in a box and throw them away', father's voice was going through my head and I remember each word he said. He always knew what to say to give me courage.

The alley of Teheran-ro was darker this time, it was like it was made for me to fail in searching. I was wandering through the narrow street looking closely at the walls. There were a lot of ripped placards hanging on the cold black bricks of the houses that were building the alley. I moved closely to an open window that was broken, too. But I couldn't see anything.

"Jimin", I yelled still standing on the spot, keeping my eyes on the glass like it is about to go away if I move my gaze.

"Did you find anything?", he approached.

"I might have. Give me your flashlight", he nodded and gave me the light.

As I turned it on I could see a lot of broken glass, old wooden chairs, tables with two or three legs. I looked at Jimin and he gave me a sign to stay back. I moved for two steps backwards following every single step the blonde boy would make. His hand was reaching for the window and he tried to open it from the inside.

"Don't cut yourself", I said hoping that he would be careful, to which I only got a 'you really think I'm stupid?' look as he managed to open the window. He let me enter first and I helped him to do that as well. I used my flashlight to take a better look at the situation I caught myself in.

Dust.

Everything is covered in a thick layer of dust, making objects barely noticeable.

"Hyun, look at this," I turned to Jimin. He handed me a piece of the broken glass I took a better look of it.

There was something on it. A sticky red substance.

Blood once again. What could you possibly expect on a murder place? Sparkles? Fairy dust?

After the two of us filled some bags with things that might be related to our case, we drove back to the station.

"What is your theory?", I asked Jimin breaking the awkward silence.

"Huh? What were you saying?", he acted so confused.

"I asked you if you have any theories", his expression confused me too.

"Um", he shook his head and answered slightly hesitatingly, "I still don't have any, I guess, but we should check his friends and family. I got a list of them. Maybe they can give us something", his eyes were locked on the road.

"We could start off with his girlfriend. Hae-won Dang. 22. Lives near Itaewon", I sighed as we headed towards her place.

Nobody said a word more. But not saying a word is still a conversation, right? I don't know, Jimin just seems off. To my question if everything was okay, I only got an undefined sound, not hiding that he was somewhat grumpy. But his expression, his dedication to the driving, his little fingers squeezing the steering wheel so tight that it's making a wierd noise of squeaking. Why was he like this all of a sudden?

The talk with his girlfriend was an unpleasant event. The poor girl didn't even know her boyfriend was dead.

With a few words of comfort, we left her house and headed for the car, which was a little further down the alley. Jimin's gaze was riveted to the floor as he dropped the pebble, muttering something to himself. Seeing him this distant and absent was something completely new for someone as bright as him. His gait accelerated drastically, and now I was basically running after him.

AUTHOR'S POV

"Jimin", the brown haired girl shouted to grab the attention from the blonde special agent.

Hyunsan realized that her partner tried to ignore her, but she also knew that Jimin had to face her and give an explanation for his childish and weird behavior.

"Can you explain to me what is happening with you all day? I thought we were partners? I thought we were friends?", Hyun tried to comfort him but she was not aware that she made the hole even bigger, mentioning the word 'friends'. Jimin started to sweat, his tongue was twisted as he could barely open his mouth to say a word. He managed to come up with an answer, but deep down Hyun knew that he was lying. There was something more.

"Sorry, Hyun, I just, I have trouble at home, fighting with my girlfriend.. I just think of her a lot," he said in a nervous whisper while staring deep into the eyes of special agent Wang trying so hard not to get caught in a lie.

"I am sorry", Hyunsan felt bad for pushing Jimin, so she pulled him into a tight hug. Jimin returned and hugged even tighter, letting his head rest on the girl's shoulder.