Chapter 3

Forensic investigations revealed a couple of key points. Interrogations of acquaintances and potential suspects contributed to speeding up the process of solving the case. Hyunsan was happy with the turn of events, but she still didn't understand why her partner wasn't as happy as she was.

Jimin was still professional, eyes wide open during all the interventions, but there was something about their relationship that was strange.

Sitting in the room, trying to find the secret location of the main suspects, Hoseok, the computer genie, suddenly shouted as he jumped off of his chair.

"I found out the location, guys! You really thought I wouldn't find it? HAH! You all owe me lunch!" he cheered doing one of his cute victory dances.

"So, our main suspect, Im Kyung, is a drug dealer and the victim owed him basically money?", Hyunsan asked looking at Hoseok who again sat down on his chair as he crossed his arms.

"Exactly. I already sent the adress to your phones. Back up will be on their way, also. Take well care of yourselves. I believe in you!", Hoseok said with a reassuring smile, believing that his fellow teammates have everything under control. He trusted them with all his heart and that was a support they all needed in the station.

As they came up with a plan, they went to the location. An old hangar in a remote part of town.

"Dark place here", Jimin mumbled as they were walking through a big hall.

There was shouting, a shot, and then silence.

"I'm working with fucking morons! You can't do anything right! You're the reason why all of Seoul is looking for us, because you can't even remove a fucking body!", an unfamiliar shout echoed off the walls.

Then another shot.

Then another.

And in the blink of an eye, the hangar was occupied by uniforms.

"SMPA! You are surrounded! Put your weapons down and put your hands behind your head! On your knees!", Jimin shouted aiming his gun at the main guy. The three men cursed throwing their weapons away as they realized that they had nowhere to go.

The police arrested Kyung for two murders of Nee-Su and his friend Han Lee. Also for drug dealing and countless robberies. His men got a few years of prison as well.

Hyunsan was proud of the outcome of the whole case. That feeling of triumph seeped deep into her bones. She was just like her father. Hungry for that victory. In her eyes, it was impossible to replace that moment. She knew she belonged there. It was her path. Her dream and her oath.

Successes flowed like a river. Constantly. Undoubtedly. Jimin and Hyunsan were a great team together, and the rest of the department was just another link in the chain of defending justice. They were inseparable friends. Family, although they were not related by blood. Dependent on each other. Happy together.

Case after case, investigation after investigation, and two years have passed. The department became responsible for the most serious forms of crime in Seoul and beyond. Stories about the mafia, murders and bank robberies were not just ideas for movies, but the everyday life of law enforcers.

But no one knew that a difficult period would follow, persecuting the biggest mafia in South Korea.

Jeon Tribe.

//author note

Hello! Thank you everyone for reading this fanfic!
After the two chapters being so chaotic, leading you into the source of the topic, Jungkook is slowly appearing.

I hope you all take good care of yourselves, eating well and staying healthy!

Hwaiting!
Saranghae <3