Chapter 5

"So basically what you want to say is that they left this card on purpose, Jimin-ssi?", Hoseok asked still not sure of whether it was true or not.

"I know this is their sign, Hyung. I can't say for sure if it was intentional, but still.. they burned the whole building down to hide evidence.. leaving this right at the entrance of the bank for us to see must be some kind of mockery"

"They want us to follow them."

"But why?" I asked.

"Because all this is just a game to them. They don't need to rob banks to live. These are people with millions. This is all just a joke to them.", Jimin scoffed.

"The sign is a bit gay," Hoseok mumbled, "The butterfly is not a sign for real men, they are rich and don't have a good logo. What irony."

"You've had enough, Hoseok. Look through all the surveillance cameras and report if you find a car, or rather someone, if you find anything at all!", Jimin rolled his eyes at the elder one.

I was searching anything related to that particular logo all night long. My gaze shifted from the laptop back to the picture of Jeon Jungkook over and over again.

"Found anything, darling?", Jimin entered the office handing me a cup of coffee.

"I can't find anything related to butterflies. I thought I might get some information, it's all so confusing", I said while rubbing my forehead with my thumb, trying to ease my headache.

Jimin pulled out a chair next to me and sat down.

"You should rest, today was a long and hard day for both of us. Leave it to Hoseok," he took a cigarette out of the box and lit it.

"You know I don't have a good night's sleep if I know I haven't at least tried to find something, after all, since when did you start smoking?", I asked confused.

"I'm nervous all the time, and this can calm me down. Try it," he offered me one, but I took it with uncertainty.

I lit it and trying to draw the first smoke into my lungs, I coughed, to which I only got Jimin's chuckling.

"Come on, don't laugh! You know I've never smoked", I pouted hitting his chest.

"You're cute when you're angry, you know?"

"And this cigarette has a more bitter taste than what I thought", I played it off.

"Do you know what has a sweeter taste?", Jimin hummed with his angelic voice. He put his fingers on my chin making me look at him. His dark brown eyes had an unfamiliar sparkle, the corners of his lips were formed into a slight smirk.

The tension in the room could be cut with a knife. I don't know if it was his heartbeat or my ragged breathing that was louder.

"This," he whispered and moved closer, leaving his soft lips on mine.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"Good job guys," I laughed as I loosened the tie around my neck.

I threw myself on the armchair and lit a cigar.

"Jungkook-ah, you should have seen the expression on the face of that woman at the counter. She was such a scared grandma, I feel a little sorry," I rolled my eyes and laughed at Taehyung's childish behavior.

"Who's to blame for not being retired yet," Seokjin added and threw himself on the couch next to me, taking the cigar from my lips.

"Where have you been all this time, Jungkook?" Taehyung asked as he fired up the game console and sat down on the floor in front of us.

"I was playing with our lives a little bit," I said sarcastically.

"I left my card at the entrance to the bank," I mumbled, lighting another cigar.

"You did what?!", Taehyung turned and looked at me in wonder and disbelief.

"I believe that from now on we are playing with the police. They must have heard about us by now. I left them one detail so they at least know who to look for."

"Jungkook, you know we're doing well. We don't need that shit and complications right now", Seokjin flashed me with a death stare, to which I tried not to laugh at.

"Hyung, the attempts of the police are inevitable, you know it yourself. What's wrong with a little banter?"

"You yourself know that your father would scold you if he was here, he would expect strict professonalism." he added and got up from the couch.

"My father is dead, Jin-hyung. But he certainly didn't plan to destroy the entire police station the first time. Because if he did, those guys wouldn't have killed him!" I said in a harsher tone.

"You're really planning-" Taehyung started, but I immediately cut him off with a nod.

"I will raze them to the ground. I will avenge my father. I will instill such fear in their bones that they will never think of trying to stop us again.", with those words, I left the room in annoyance and went to my room to get some rest.

I hated talking about my father. After all these years, I still wasn't able to erase the pain I felt after he's gone.

»» -———- ♤ -———- ««

»» -———- ♤ -———- ««