Chapter 6

HYUNSAN'S POV

"Butterfly effect", I stormed into the office of my partners.

"Hyun, what are you talking about?", Hoseok was asked confused.

"A little thing like the movement of a butterfly's wings in one place can cause a typhoon on the other side of the world. Chaos theory. The Butterfly effect.", I said proudly and threw a copy of Jeon's card in front of them.

"If what you're talking about makes sense, it looks like that logo isn't as gay as I thought," Hoseok commented.

"Their whole history is based on that, Hobby. It makes perfect sense why they left the card. They want us to find them."

"Why would a criminal want the police to catch him at all? Isn't that what no criminal wants?"

"They want revenge. Hyunsan is right," Jimin spoke for the first time.

"They seem as close as a family. So many years ago when Jungkook's father was arrested, he died in prison. You think anyone could forget that?"

"We have to find out what they are planning, big shit will break out if we don't act fast."

"Hoseok, did you find anything from the surveillance cameras?"

"I didn't", he sighed, "maybe they left the card as a hint, but before that they got into the system and turned everything off."

"For now, we have to sit down and wait for something new to happen. We don't have anything."

Ever since then, there have been more reports of robberies. One card was found at each crime scene. But one day, something happened that no one could have expected.

"My condolences, sir. He was a good agent," I said softly as we stood over the lifeless body of our colleague from the other division.

His partner was standing next to him, holding back tears in his eyes, because he was still on assignment.

"I left him alone," the whisper sounded like a sob.

"It's not your fault. You couldn't have known. Leave this to us," I tried to calm him down. Losing a partner is not an easy thing. I would be completely shattered if anything happened to any member of my team.

I huffed next to Namjoon who was putting numbers around the crime scene and taking pictures.

"Joon? May I?", I asked, to which I received an affirmative nod.

As I leaned over the corpse, all I could feel was a lump in my throat and a cold sweat all over my body.

"Don't tell me.."

"Hm?", Namjoon noticed my strange gestures, so he came closer to me.

A piece of bright white paper shone from the dead agent's pocket. With a trembling hand, I pulled out a piece, and closed my eyes in disbelief.

"Jeon," I stuttered as I held his card with the same butterfly I'd seen for the umpteenth time, but this time, something was written on the back of it.

'This is just the beginning,

JJK.'

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I got under a cold shower and let the drops run down my arms and body, soaking up all the remaining blood.

"At least it's not your own blood, Jungkook", I muttered to myself and closed my eyes, leaning my hands on the huge wall of the shower cabin.

It was a nice feeling to come back to Korea. Italy is not as glamorous as everyone thinks. I hated living in Sicily, even though I grew up there. Nightlife, women, drugs, nothing could be compared to the luxury here.

I missed my boys too, as much as I don't want to admit it. Still, those stupid retards are a part of my family.

I finished my routine and wrapped a towel around my waist, heading to the large marble room that was my closet.

I chose a plain black shirt and a pair of black pants, I didn't feel like dressing up.

Seokjin invited us to join him at one of his clubs. What else is a man supposed to do on a Saturday night? Everyone needs a break.

I went into the garage and took the first car keys that fell into my hands and drove to the location. In front of me, Taehyung was already hitting on a girl, to which I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Jungkook-ah, there you are! I found company while I was waiting for you. Meet-"

"You're not gonna fuck, Tae," I mumbled and pulled him along, pushing my way through the crowded club.

To be honest, unpleasantly loud banging of the bass speakers, too much smoke that stings the eyes, lights for epileptic attacks are not my style at all. But Taehyung.. Taehyung was enjoying this. His area of interest included tons of white powder and easy women. How childish.

We somehow managed to get to our standard place, where Jin was already waiting with a man around ten years older than us. Knowing my brother, he probably concluded negotiations and agreements for future business. He didn't like breaks. Not even for a couple of hours.

From this place I had a view of the entire club. I loved watching girls stumble drunkenly and fat morons fight.

The waitress brought a glass of my favorite whiskey and already prepared two lines of high-quality cocaine that Jin got the night before. The night could begin.

"Speak now, who is that little one, Taehyung?", I teased him as I took a sip from the crystal glass.

"Fuck you, Jeon. You screwed up my date! What if she was the one?", he whined making me chuckle. He really was cute acting all fucked up.

"There's no love in the club, Tae. You know that," I winked at him, but my gaze stayed on a black-haired girl who approached the bar in a tight black dress, ponytail tied high, patiently waiting for her drink.

"Fuck...", I mumbled and got up without another word, leaving the boys behind.

"There's no love in the club my dick", Taehyung yelled back, but I ignored.

I went to the bar.

"Double whiskey. And for the angel, another drink, please," I ordered and sat down on the chair next to her.

"It's impolite to order drinks for a girl you don't know," she muttered, but she didn't look at me once. I hated cocky attitudes, even when it comes to women, but hers was rather more playful.

"How else should we meet in a place like this, love?", I stated, "I'd get slapped if I tried to dance with you. That wouldn't be the way to meet, would it now?"

"I hate to admit, but you do have a point. But what if you put something in the drink?", I looked at her profile. She looked so innocent, and there was something so magical about her voice. She is coming home with me tonight.

I laughed and leaned closer.

"Do I look like someone who would do that to a cutie like you?", I smirked, playing with my lip piercing.

Finally she looked at me. Her big brown eyes staring deeply into mine.

"Let's put it this way. What if I were the one to try to drug you? Poison you? Wouldn't that be cute?"

Three words.

Cocky.

It.

Is.

"You would be forgiven, cutie," I managed to get a smile out of her, which she was trying so hard to hide.

I held out my hand to her, locking our eyes.

"Jeon Jungkook, love."

"Wang Hyunsan."