Chapter 13

Man of work, as I was, I did not leave out that part of my life.

I wanted to prove to Seokjin that I could balance both work and my private life.

I have to admit, getting my hands dirty was not something I really liked, but it was just a part of who I was.

As much as I didn't know otherwise, I might not even have wanted to. Meeting Hyunsan changed me in a good way. I stopped doing a lot of bad habbits. Such as instantly killing someone as they get on my nerves.

In some segment of my life, I felt that I needed a change. I longed for the real one, as much as I didn't want to admit it. My father adored my mother and in my childhood I had the opportunity to see what the ideal of true love actually looks like. Unfortunately, my mother died of cancer when I was only twelve, and my father never got over her death. Nor did he ever  try to replace her. He stayed loyal until his very last day. He owed that to her, since she was by his side until the end, despite of the work he did and the cruel man he was.

According to Hyun, she never tasted a real relationship, because her ideals and standards were at the level of unrealistic love stories from novels. She, herself, was magic, and she longed for something magical as well.

There wasn't a night that we haven't spent together, talking until the dawn. We got really close to each other. I was somehow getting used to having a soft side.

We found ourselves again in the same position in my car, looking at the stars. In fact, she was the one admiring the night sky, and I was admiring her.

"You're staring," she muttered. I smiled playing with her hair.

"So?"

"Stop," she said so shyly, and I tried not to chuckle.

"You're cute when your cheeks are red," I teased.

"Jungkook-ah..." she covered her face with her hands and curled up in the passenger seat.

I pulled her closer to me and rested her back against my chest, wrapping my arms around her tiny body. I sang in her ear, caressing her soft cheek. Her scent was enough to make me forget all the horrible things I did every day. She truly was a reality escape.

Hyunsan looked at me with those big black eyes of hers, a smile spreading across my face.

"You have a beautiful voice," she whispered.

"I got it from my mom. She would always sing me to sleep," I explained.

I have already told her that part of my past.

"I'm sure you miss her. She was a wonderful woman. She raised her son well," she smiled.

I smiled back at her and continued to softly sing the song. She closed her eyes, and I watched her.

Before I was aware of it, I pressed my lips against hers. As if she were made of glass, I gently placed my hand on her cheek, running my thumb over it. She was surprised, but within a second she gave in, kissing me back. I slowly moved away from her and put my forehead against hers.

"Be mine," I whispered.

HYUNSAN'S POV

"Be mine."

With those words, something broke inside of me. Everything around us was unreal. The moment was unreal. He was unreal.

He made me forget about everything. I looked him straight in the eyes, while my lips still tingled from the sudden touch.

"Am I not yours already?" I stuttered in the same tone as him.

He laughed softly and looked at my lips again kissing me once more. It really was a magical moment. A moment I hoped that would last. We were giggling like high school sweethearts. He showed his most tender side that no one would say a man like him possessed. I saw him in a different light. I saw him as a home.

"Good night, love," he said before planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Good night, Jungkook," I smiled before running into my house. I heard his car once again as he drove away. I was shaking. I was panting and begging for air. My body didn't want to cooperate. I walked around the house, tapping my foot, playing with my lower lip. I swear, I could still feel his lips on mine.

Shit happened.

And by that I don't mean this night. Shit happened when I realized that I was completely and utterly in love with Jeon Jungkook.

I curled up on the bed. I felt a strong urge to cry. This time I couldn't go on alone. But who did I have? Who could I turn to to understand me? Not to judge me? And worst of all, I had to continue this stupid game with Jungkook. I had to suppress and erase the feelings. It was the only way.

"Come on, Hyunsan, for God's sake!" I yelled at myself, not being able to calm down even a bit.

"Criminal!"

"Thief!"

"Cold-blooded killer!"

I counted through my tears louder and louder, trying to shut my overwhelming thoughts down. This was a hell of a night. Should I quit my job? Should I hand over the case to someone else and disappear from Korea for a while? He would find me. That's just the way he is. What Jeon Jungkook wants, Jeon Jungkook gets. And if it's really true that he fell madly in love with me, just like I did, I can only hope that this will end in the most painless way.