Chapter 8

"I'm telling you, that son of a bitch is a real womanizer!", Hoseok hit the table with his hand while we were having breakfast in the agency's cafeteria.

I told them the event from yesterday, leaving out some small detail, because it was not necessary for them to know everything.

"He knows what he's doing. He didn't reveal any information that could help us. Again, he's not crazy to open up to a stranger he just met.", I stated and took a bite of the salad.

"You're right, I knew this was supposed to work. He didn't give you his phone number?"

I shook my head.

"So wait.. isn't that it? You met last night, there was a spark between you two, and nothing further? No second chapter? How disappointing!", Hobi scoffed.

"This isn't a love story, Hoseok," Jimin snapped, speaking for the first time since we sat down. The whole time he played in silence with the food on his plate.

"Hyunsan did her job well. A little too well, if I may add," he looked sideways at me, to which I felt my cheeks burning with discomfort at his harsh words.

Jimin and I were still close. At least I hope so.

𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪

"Do you know what has a sweeter taste?", Jimin hummed with his angelic voice. He put his fingers on my chin making me look at him. His dark brown eyes had an unfamiliar sparkle, the corners of his lips were formed into a slight smirk.

The tension in the room could be cut with a knife. I don't know if it was his heartbeat or my ragged breathing that was louder.

"This," he whispered and moved closer, leaving his soft lips on mine.

I was shocked by his move. I didn't know what I was feeling at that moment, but I knew that it was definitely not love on my part.

"Jimin..." I stuttered.

"Hyunsan, let me explain...", he finished a strand of my hair.

"Hyun, I can't get you out of my head. You're so close to me every day, but I don't feel your presence. I'm madly in love with you, and I couldn't forgive myself if something happened to you, Hyun. I want to keep you. I want to be every moment with you. Can you allow me that?"

"Jimin...I should think about it."

𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪

Since that night, we have not been alone nor have we had a chance to talk. I was looking for something without expecting to actually get it. He still gave all the space he could for me to think, but since I was given this role in the Jeon case, I didn't have the time to deal with this as well. He was grumpy all the time, and I tried not to feel guilty, I was just doing what we all found necessary.

"Jealous, Jimin-ssi?" Namjoon laughed and slapped him on the shoulder.

"I'm not jealous. I just still don't see the reason why we're putting Hyunsan in a position of direct danger. She didn't bring us any information anyway. We could have lived on even without this nonsense," he continued.

"I think this is just the beginning. If you really caught Jungkook's eye, I'm sure you'll be together again," Hoseok commented, and I didn't say another word.

Today passed peacefully. Only if you consider the paperwork peaceful. Jungkook and his men calmed down for a while, but my team was still in anticipation for the second chapter.