Dark

Sophia - justice oaks pack

I slip in to bed exhausted after finally getting away from our little welcome home party. It wasn't so little after all.  I chuckle to myself at this.  It never is with my family, it's all or nothing.  Blade snorts in my head angry that she's missing her sleep.  She's a grouchy sod when she's tired. 

I've felt off all night for some reason.  I have to put it down to exhaustion it can't possibly be anything else.  I guess 5 years of non stop stress will do that to a girl. 

I close my eyes and will myself to sleep and quickly enough my eyes grow tired.  No sooner have I dropped off, I'm awoken with that familiar pain from earlier. 

This time it seems to clutch my chest tightly and the feeling won't disappear no matter how much I plead. 

I lay in the dark holding myself and taking deep breaths, not now please I mutter.

The pain is constant and worryingly it's slowly building to a stage that I am starting to freak out about.

Blade even whimpers in my head and I cringe knowing she's in pain too.  It's unheard of for her she's a machine.

Not long after the initial bout, the pain goes up a notch until I'm nearly scraping myself off of the ceiling.  I finally can't take anymore and scream out in agony. 

A few moments later relief floods me as my door bursts open and my father and mother rush to my side.

"Pops what's going on?" I practically howl.  "Shit Sophia!" "tell me where the pain is?" he says frantically.  I scream again as another violent wave attacks me. Then just as soon as it started it stops. What are hell?!

"Daniel get the doc back to the to the pack house IMMEDIATELY!" He says shouting to my brother who is running towards my room.  "Dad what's going on?" I ask again.

My father eyes my mum and a sad look passes between them.  "Don't worry about anything right now soph, the doc is coming to help you".

Im delirious at this point, I can't sort through my jumbled mind.   "The doc is taking too long" i heave the words out of my sore throat as I feel the pain start up again.  It's stronger, more violent this time and I'm sure the whole pack can hear my screams.

I'm about to pass out as the doc rushes in to my room.  My father instructs him to knock me out.  "Make sure she doesn't feel a thing" he shouts. Im sure hearing that would normally worry me but at this stage I'll be happy never to feel this kind of pain again so I don't think I just feel as the medicine pulls me under. 

Im sure in my subconscious I can hear my dad screaming. "Im going to murder him when i get my hands on him" "they won't even have chance to sentence him to death"  I hope he's not talking about Daniel I think the more drowsy and confused I become. 

For days on end the doc administers sedatives to knock me and Blade out. The attacks are near constant. Every time I come round I hear yelling and screaming.  The doc telling my father I can't take much more. 

I just want to know what the fuck's wrong with me I scream from somewhere deep inside before the black void takes me down again.

The next time I wake up I feel hopeful.  I've been lying here immobile for what feels like forever and nothing has happened so far.  I wonder for a moment if i'm going to die.  I want to I think as Blade whines inside my head.

I hear a knock at the door and then my mother's scent wafts over me.  "Hunny I can feel you're awake" she says whilst stroking the hair away from my forehead. I try to smile at her but I can't muster up a thing.  My eyelids won't function either.  I let out a little grunt and that seems to placate her for the minute anyway.