EPHINY
You shouldn't be moving right now. You took a pretty serious hit to your shoulder when you were struck by that arrow.

Gabrielle put her elbows under her as she again tried to move.

GABRIELLE
I'm not trying to get out of bed. I just wanna get more comfortable and sit up a little.

Ephiny stood there watching her for a moment before sighing to herself and picked up the pillow that was sitting in a nearby chair and helped Gabrielle lean forward slightly as she placed the pillow behind her before easing her back against it.

EPHINY
There. Better?

GABRIELLE
Much. Thank you.

EPHINY
Don't mention it.

Ephiny walked back over to the chair she had gotten the pillow from and moved the small blanket to the side as she slid the chair up to Gabrielle's bedside.

EPHINY
Is it alright if I sit?

GABRIELLE
Of course.

Gabrielle watched as the Amazon took a seat and idly look around the room almost as if she would rather be somewhere else instead of in that room. Which Gabrielle found odd as she wondered why exactly the woman was even there in the first place. Was she upset with Gabrielle for not being able to protect Terreis? Did queen Melosa send her to try and get some answers for why she hadn't done more to help her daughter. Someone who Gabrielle called her friend. Which brought tears to Gabrielle's eyes as she remembered the moment of watching her friend die right in front of her and thought that she should at least attempt to offer her condolences. Even though she knew it would likely wouldn't really make any difference.

GABRIELLE
Listen Ephiny, about Terreis. I... I'm really sorry. If I had noticed the arrow sooner...

EPHINY
There wasn't anything that you could've done. The former princess died as a result of that surprise attack. You risked your life in order to try and save her. A quality that she clearly saw as being worthy of becoming her successor.

Gabrielle looked at Ephiny confused by what the woman had just said.

GABRIELLE
Her successor? What are you talking about?

Mirroring Gabrielle's baffled expression for a moment, Ephiny realized that given the chaos of the situation, Gabrielle likely didn't remember Terreis passing her rite of caste to her just before dying and reminded Gabrielle of that fact. Or strengthen out any confusion if that didn't actually happen.

EPHINY
Terreis's rite of caste, I was told you accepted it. Or didn't you?

GABRIELLE
Her rite of caste?

Gabrielle searched her memory of the day's events, though once the attack started everything after all seemed like a blur. Still after a moment Gabrielle did remember that Terreis had said something about giving her something that the dying process referred to as her "rite of caste" and Gabrielle had said yes. But in all honesty Gabrielle had no clue what Terreis was talking about and just said yes to it because it seemed important to her friend.

GABRIELLE
I think she said something about giving me something like that.

EPHINY
And did you accept it?