61. Regret!

Third Person's Pov:-

As Shreya watched Viaanshi twirl gracefully on the dance floor with Shreyansh during the Roka ceremony, a heavy pang of regret hit her chest. Despite the joyous occasion surrounding her, a deep sense of remorse gnawed persistently at her heart.

"I've missed so much," Shreya thought sadly to herself. "All those little mother-daughter moments - the laughter over silly jokes, the tears I didn't wipe away during her heartaches." 

Each warm smile exchanged between Viaanshi and Shreyansh magnified the gaping void Shreya felt within her soul. Regret weighed her down as she realized she could never get that lost time back, those missed opportunities to be there for her daughter like she deserved.

"If only I could turn back the clock," she mentally berated herself. "I'd give anything to rewrite the past, to make up for all the moments with Viaanshi that I thoughtlessly let slip away."

As the ceremony started winding down, a buzz of joyous chatter filled the air from the gathered family and friends. Shreya found herself drawn to a corner where Anaya and Aradhana doted on Viaanshi with such tenderness and warmth.

The three women laughed together, their deep affection for Viaanshi radiating from every gesture and word. Shreya hovered on the periphery, silently observing as Anaya and Aradhana enveloped her daughter in care, treating Viaanshi like their own flesh and blood.

They gently brushed back her hair, straightened her clothes with loving hands, and whispered quiet words of encouragement to her. A sharp pang of jealousy stabbed at Shreya's heart as she watched the close bond forming between her daughter and these other maternal figures.

"I wish I could be a part of that," Shreya thought wistfully. She ached to share in their closeness and the affection they lavished on Viaanshi. But she couldn't shake the heavy regret clouding her mind, knowing her own past actions had driven that wedge between them.

With a heavy heart, Shreya realized the painful consequences of her decisions. Her inability to truly connect with Viaanshi on a deeper level had pushed her daughter away, leaving Viaanshi to seek that maternal solace and companionship from others.

As the final moments of the Roka ceremony approached, tears welled up in Shreya's eyes. She silently castigated herself for letting things deteriorate to this point, for allowing her insecurities and self-doubts to create such a rift with her own daughter.

"How did I let this happen?" she wondered remorsefully.

The atmosphere was a bittersweet blend of joy and nostalgia as the Roka concluded. Family and friends bid their farewells, exchanging warm hugs and hearty congratulations. The Oberois, joined by Viaanshi, made their way towards the exit, their footsteps echoing softly on the polished floors. 

Outside, golden rays of the setting sun bathed the scene in a warm glow, casting long shadows across the courtyard. The air was perfumed with the scents of jasmine and roses, carried on a gentle breeze rustling through the trees.