27. Danger?

Viaanshi's Pov:-

Viaanshi's Pov:-

The rhythmic beeping of the machines seemed to mock me, a constant reminder of the fragility of life. As I sat vigil by Shrey's bedside, watching the rise and fall of his chest, I couldn't shake the feeling that the universe was playing a cruel joke on me.

Just a few days ago, everything had been perfect. But in the blink of an eye, it had all come crashing down.

The memory of the fateful night still haunted me, replaying in vivid detail every time I closed my eyes. The sound of screeching tires, the sickening crunch of metal on metal, the agonizing silence that followed, it was all seared into my mind, a permanent scar on my psyche.

I reached out and gently took Shrey's hand in mine, feeling the reassuring warmth of his skin. Even in this state, his presence was a source of comfort, a reminder that he was still here, still fighting.

"Shrey," I whispered, my voice trembling with emotion. "I don't know if you can hear me, but I need you to know how sorry I am."

The words tumbled out, a torrent of guilt and regret that I could no longer contain.

"It was my fault.

I paused, swallowing the lump that had formed in my throat. The weight of my actions felt suffocating, pressing down on me like a heavy blanket.

The weight of my guilt threatened to crush me, each memory of our final moments together before the accident replaying in an endless loop in my mind. If only I had been more attentive, more cautious...

My gaze drifted to the various machines surrounding us, their beeps and whirs a constant reminder of the delicate balance between life and death.

"You have to fight, Shrey. Fight for us, for our future. I can't imagine a life without you by my side. You're my rock, my strength, my everything."

Tears streamed down my cheeks, but I made no effort to wipe them away. In that moment, I needed to let the emotions flow freely, to purge the guilt and pain that had taken root in my heart.

"Please, come back to me," I pleaded, squeezing his hand gently. "I promise, I'll never take you for granted again. I'll cherish every moment, every breath, every heartbeat. Just... don't leave me."

The silence that followed was deafening, punctuated only by the steady beeps of the machines. I searched Shrey's face for any sign of recognition, any flicker of life, but found none. It was as if he had retreated into a world of his own, a place where I could not reach him.