38. Family Love

The next day:-

The next day:-

Siddharth's Pov:-

I jolted awake from that haunting nightmare again. My body was drenched in sweat. These nightmares have become frequent torment ever since Ansh revealed the truth to me. Knowing the truth about my existence has left me grappling with conflicting emotions. Disgust consumes me as I struggle to comprehend myself. I feel an overwhelming urge to retreat from the world and seek solace in isolation.

I glanced at the clock on my bedside table. The hands pointed to 6:00 in the morning. I let out a heavy sigh. I dragged myself to the bathroom, longing for a warm shower to pacify my restless mind.

After getting dressed, I resolved to escape my mother's probing gaze with a brisk walk. I felt relieved she didn't confront me about yesterday's episode. But I knew the questions would come today.

In my mind, I asked myself,

"Can I confide in her?"

Then I thought, "No, the fear of her rejection paralyzes me."

I can't risk her disdain, not after a lifetime of her unconditional love.

But what if the truth drives her away?

What if it shatters the foundation of our bond?

I can't bear that thought. So I'll bury the truth deep within me. I'll shield her from the pain of knowing. I'll preserve the fragile semblance of our relationship.

As I descended the stairs, a soft and soothing voice called out, "Sid."

I looked ahead to see my mother. Her eyes were filled with warmth and affection as she approached me. With a gentle smile, she stopped in front of me. She placed a tender kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning, beta. Did you sleep well?" she asked kindly.

I swallowed hard, forcing a tight smile.

"Yes, Ma. Well enough," I lied.

She studied me with a slight frown, not convinced.

"Are you sure, Sid? You seem...troubled," she prodded gently.

I shook my head quickly, not meeting her eyes.

"I'm fine, really. Just...restless," I mumbled.

She reached out and cupped my cheek, forcing me to look at her.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, don't you?" she said intently. "I'm your mother. It's my duty to listen and help shoulder your burdens."

I felt my throat tighten with unshed tears at her loving words.

How could I burden her with the truth when she looked at me with such pure adoration?

"I know, Ma," I rasped out. "But there's nothing to tell. I just...need some air."