6. Hate

Shreyansh's Pov:-

Shreyansh's Pov:-

Tears streamed down my face as I stared at the door through which Aanshi had departed. It was unimaginable to me that she could say such hatred towards me. I couldn't shake the memories of her past declarations, the words she had once uttered with such sincerity.

"You're my heartbeat, Shrey. Can anyone live without their heartbeat? No, just like I can't live without you. If there ever comes a time when you're not with me, I'll be alive, but I'll feel like a corpse."

But now, everything had changed.

Was I solely responsible for this shift?

I couldn't help but believe so. Her casual declaration of "I hate you" cut me to the core.

Did she not consider the impact her words would have on me?

She was always so thoughtful before, yet now she seemed indifferent to my pain. It hurt deeply that she didn't seem to care about me anymore.

Lost in my thoughts, I failed to notice my phone ringing until I saw the caller ID: a video call from Ekaansh, my best friend and Aanshi's elder brother. Quickly wiping away my tears, I took a moment to compose myself, gulping down some cold water to calm my nerves. After ensuring I looked presentable, I answered the call.

"Hey, bro! Took you long enough to pick up. What's up?" Ekaansh teased with a hint of humor.

"Aksh," I whispered, my voice barely audible.

( nickname for Ekaansh)

Perhaps sensing the vulnerability in my voice, he panicked and asked,

"What happened, Ansh? Is everything okay? Why do you sound like you've been crying?"

"I saw her, Aksh," I managed to say, my voice cracking with emotion.

His expression shifted to one of shock.

"Are you sure? Go and bring her back with you," he urged urgently. Then, as if realizing something, he added quickly,

"Oh, of course! She probably wants everyone to meet her first before coming back, right?"

His eyes turned bloodshot, a clear sign that he was struggling to hold back tears. I knew him well; we'd been best buddies since childhood.

"Why aren't you saying anything, Ansh? Say something. This is good news, isn't it?" he pressed, his tone filled with concern.

I said more like a whisper

" She hates us aksh! "

"No, no, Ansh, you've got it all wrong. You know how much she loves us. If it came down to it, she would sacrifice herself to save us. You're mistaken. You're mistaken," he repeated to himself, desperately trying to convince himself otherwise.