18. Reflections of Love

Viaanshi's Pov:-

"Viaanshi, Viaanshi,"

someone called, breaking my trance. I lifted my gaze to find everyone seated around me. Embarrassed, I immediately looked away, wondering what they were thinking of me. I noticed all the elders were already seated on their places.

While their children were still at their work places like my brothers. Tanya and Mrs. Raichand seemed particularly displeased, throwing daggers with their eyes. As I glanced around, Anaya aunt caught my attention, asking,

"How are you, beta?" With a soft smile, I replied,

"I'm good, Aunt. How about you?" She smiled warmly, saying,

"Absolutely fine after seeing you."

I smiled back, and she suddenly moved to sit beside me. Surprised, I looked at her, and she remarked,

"I remember holding you when you were just a baby. Look at you now, like a fairy princess." Heat rushed to my cheeks, flushing them with embarrassment.

As Anaya aunt continued reminiscing about the childhood, I couldn't help but feel a sense of warmth and comfort. Despite my earlier embarrassment, her kind words lifted my spirits. I glanced around the room, noticing the curious glances and whispered conversations that seemed to follow my every move. Tanya's piercing stare made me squirm uncomfortably, but I tried to focus on Anaya aunt's stories instead.

As she spoke, I found myself relaxing, forgetting momentarily about the piercing stares from Tanya and Mrs. Raichand.Anaya aunt's presence beside me seemed to shield me from the judgmental gazes of the others. Her genuine affection and kind words enveloped me like a protective cloak, easing my discomfort.

As the conversation with Anaya aunt continued, I gradually regained my composure.

Suddenly the house helper approached with a tray of starters and drinks, I eagerly reached out to take one, my mouth watering at the thought of the delicious treats. But just as I extended my hand, a sudden jolt caused me to lose my grip, and the glass slipped from the tray, spilling its contents all over me.

As the liquid drenched my dress, staining the fabric and leaving me feeling utterly mortified. I could feel the eyes of everyone in the room on me, their expressions a mixture of shock and confusion. Tanya's smirk was unmistakable, and Mrs. Raichand's disapproving frown only added to my embarrassment.

Third person's Pov:-

"Oh no, Viaanshi! Let me help you," Adheer, Shreyansh's cousin who just came exclaimed, his voice filled with concern as he hurried to her side.

Viaanshi looked at him in confusion, her brows furrowing slightly as she realized she didn't know who he was. Sensing her puzzled expression, he quickly introduced himself.