8. Bad Omen

Third Person's Pov:

Third Person's Pov:

"Shreya, your parents were in an accident. They... they didn't make it," the voice on the phone conveyed the devastating message

Upon hearing the tragic news, the world seemed to freeze for Shreya. Her parents held a special place in her heart, always there to support and pamper their only child. Memories of their cherished moments together flooded her mind, alternating with the devastating reality of their sudden absence.

Overwhelmed by grief, Shreya stumbled backward, her legs giving way, but Vivaan swiftly caught her in his arms, holding her tightly. Yuvaansh, sensing the urgency, gestured for Aradhana to take the baby from Shreya's embrace, a silent understanding passing between them. Aradhana complied, gently cradling the baby as Shreya collapsed, fainting from the shock.

With urgency in his voice, Vivaan directed, "Call the doctor immediately, damn it!" He then hurriedly carried Shreya to their room, his heart heavy with concern for his wife's well-being.

He knew how sensitive Shreya was about her parents, as they were her only family. After the doctors left, the entire family remained in the room, consumed by worry for Shreya's well-being. Suddenly, Shreya's eyes fluttered open, scanning the room until they settled on the baby in Aradhana's arms.

The baby's cries pierced the air, signaling her hunger, and Shreya instinctively moved to comfort her. However, Sushma's harsh words halted her in her tracks.

"Stop! Don't you dare show affection to this cursed child. She brought misfortune upon us. Your parents met with an accident because of her. Yes, Shreya, you're an orphan now because of her," Sushma accused bitterly.

Shreya broke down in tears, collapsing to the floor in anguish. Vivaan rushed to her side, while Yuvaansh confronted Sushma, incredulous at her accusations.

"What's gotten into you, Maa? How can you say such things? She's just a newborn, innocent and helpless. You can't blame her for what happened," Yuvaansh interjected, his voice filled with disbelief and anger.

But Sushma remained adamant, her words cutting through the tension in the room. Before she could say more, Vivaan intervened, his tone laced with anger. "That's enough! Not another word. You're out of line," he declared sternly, silencing his mother's accusations.

"How can you blame an innocent child for things she couldn't possibly do? This is the last time you'll say such things," Vivaan asserted firmly, his tone leaving no room for argument. He watched as Sushma cast one final glance at Shreya before leaving, her silent gesture speaking volumes.

Meanwhile, Shreya remained lost in thought, contemplating Sushma's words. Sushma had been like a mother to her, always there when she needed support. Her reverie was interrupted by the sudden thud of the door, causing everyone to startle, and the baby to cry.

Vivaan swiftly took the baby in his arms, comforting her with gentle words. He noticed the children gathered at the door, their eyes filled with curiosity and awe. Gesturing for them to come closer, he invited them to sit on the bed.