Chapter 20

AIDEEN'S POV

I've never ran so fast in my whole life. I can feel the bullets of sweats forming on my temple as I flee away from that shop. I closed my eyes as I felt the guilt slowly invading my system when I remembered I failed to save an innocent woman from M. I knew there's somehow a connection between them however, I also knew that ate Sofia was never an enemy. She would never betray her friends over a cold-blooded killer. The only thing is she just found out about that now.

I'm at my limits now, I've been running for 30 minutes and I think I just lost my way. Hindi ko na alam kung saan papunta pabalik sa hideout namin. Ate Eisha and others would be very furious at me for escaping like that in a time like this. I stopped at the abandoned building and parking lot, I was catching my breath as my both hands rested on my knees.

Should I go back? Should I save ate Sofia? What if M kills her? Ate Leigh would never forgive me. I can feel the burning sensation in my lungs when I stop by. I froze when I felt something strange around the atmosphere. Someone's here. There's a sound of a weapon occurred on my side, therefore I tilted my head and dodged the attack. When I turned around, I recognized the familiar faces right away. It's the two accomplices of M. They have managed to follow me, I swore I didn't leave any trace along the way.

As I muttered a curse under my breath, guilt washed over me almost instantly. With a swift motion, I hurled a flaming fireball toward them, but they evaded it with expert agility. My Mythian eyes blazed brightly, and my hair seemed to float as I tapped into my abilities. In the past, I had successfully vanquished class 1 enemies in my regular Mythian state, but now, having tapped into my core in Hellas, I wondered if I was even more capable of defeating these two foes.

They were assigned to be M's accomplices, then they're more stronger than class 1. I bit my bottom lip, I don't have time to defeat these two while another person is expecting to be saved from that monster's hands. I needed to get to the other Mythians before it's too late. I continued to dodge their attack as I made a telepathy call with them. I was trying to reach them even though my life was on the edge of death.

"You still have time to change sides, M will never save you when other Mythians had you two in their hands." I stated truthfully. M never looks like she cares about her servants. I bet she would never hesitate to leave these pigs when they're in danger.

As if they're programmed, they ignored my statement. They continued to attack. The first thing I noticed was with the help of my full Mythians transformation, I managed to dodge all the attacks without consuming all my energy. Kung katulad ako noon, they would have succeeded in cutting some parts of my skin. But now, I feel invincible.

Although that feeling vanished when I spotted a familiar face meters away from here. That distracted me a little and I underestimated them for thinking that they wouldn't notice it. Before I knew it, they had seized both of my arms and delivered a sharp kick from behind, forcing me to fall to my knees. One of them gripped my hair and lifted my hair towards the person in front of me. I gritted my teeth as a smirk plastered on her face.

"Still too weak." M said as she crouched to meet my fury eyes. She hummed in satisfaction as she held Sofia on her side. I don't want to look at ate Sofia, I don't want to see her wrecked and hopeless face. It was all my fault that she's still not safe away from this killer. However, I caught a glimpse of her expression, her eyes looked empty but I sensed a burning anger inside her.

"Do tell how much you care about this child." M said as she waited for ate Sofia's response. Sofia gulped hard and looked away.

"I... I don't care about her." she said in a low tone as if she was forced to say those words.