Chapter 15

PATRICIA'S POV

"Charlotte? Damn it." asik ni Hermes nang makapasok kami sa suite. My eyes roamed around, the place was huge. I estimated that there are a lot of rooms here. There's a huge pane of glass where I can see the light pollution of the buildings of the city.

I froze from my spot when I realized that there's no one around. And it's impossible because this is where they imprison the Selecters. I observed the surroundings, it's horribly quiet. It's making me uncomfortable. I felt something's wrong. But before I reacted, I heard someone's squeal from my side. It was Lethe's voice.

Ares and Hermes were alarmed and turned their heads towards my place where Lethe was standing by my side a while ago. I prepared myself for attack, I fixed my posture and altered my stance as my eyes found the unknown man coming for me. I expected the man to be a normal human who I can take down easily so I didn't bother to use all of my speed and strength because i don't want to cause a permanent injury but I was shocked when everything became slow as I saw in my peripheral vision how he dodge my attack and went to my back so fast.

My eyes widened as I realized that he caught me off guard. Hindi ako maka-bwelo ng atake and I was too late for that because he's already throwing a punch. He possessed an incredible speed that matches Selecter's speed. And I'm sure that he's not one of us, it's also impossible that he's a Mythian. I don't feel any connection at all.

I sucked a deep breath as I waited for his attack to cause harm on my body but I was shocked when I was pulled by someone with super speed, it was Hermes. He managed to save me from the harm that fast, and I almost forgot that he possessed the super and incredible speed, not a standard speed that Selecter has. Only Hermes' Selecter has that incredible speed.

Ares attacked the man with hand-to-hand combat which was his expertise. He threw a punch and kicks and surprisingly, the unknown man managed to dodge all of them. Ares narrowed his eyes in confusion.

"There's no way an average human could dodge that!" Ares shouted as if his pride was wounded by the man. Hermes rolled his eyes. He prepared to attack the man but someone popped out behind him and made an attack instead.

She twisted her wrists while summoning a force on her palms and threw them against the man. She caught him off guard that's why he flew away and his back landed against the wall loudly which created a crack. Charlotte threw a smug look to Ares, which he returned a frown.

I sighed in relief that Charlotte is back, and she's safe. Ares summoned a sheathed sword on his palm and was ready to strike the man. But before he proceeded to do that, Lethe stopped him. She faced her palm to the man and he fell asleep right away. Lethe glared at Ares after that.

"What was that for?" Ares demanded but Lethe ignored him.

"Where in the world have you been?" asik ni Hermes kay Charlotte.

"I found them, you're welcome by the way." Charlotte answered him before she shot me an assuring look. She checked if I was okay.

"I'm alright, it's a shame that I didn't manage to help you all." I said while my eyes were on the floor. I can only be useful when it comes to hand-to-hand combat but when it comes to the other skills like unlocking my inner ability, I can't.

They all frowned at my statement as if they're tired of my shit.

"We all know that you're the strongest in this room, Hera. Unlocking that ability of yours is for greater use." Sabi ni Charlotte kaya umiling na lang ako.

"Where are they, Charlotte the Genius?" Hermes asked in a sarcastic tone, changing the topic.

"They're not here, Hermes the Grumpy. I heard from their security team that they were assigned to be in battle right now. Baka sila ang nakasalang ngayon." Sabi ni Charlotte kaya tumango kaming lahat at handa na umalis sa room.