Chapter 11

PATRICIA'S POV

"Oh, Patricia. Maaga out mo ngayon? Kumusta naman kayo ng nobyo mo na Doctor? Usap usapan siya sa office namin ah." Sabi ng kasamahan ko. I chuckled uneasily.

"Ah, we're fine naman. Ano kasi, kailangan na ako sa bahay." Natatawa kong saad.

"Oh? Ganon ba? Naku, sige mauna ka na. Balitaan mo na lang kapag ninang na ako sa binyag." She teased. My cheeks reddened in crimson.

"Oh please, we're both rather focused on work and career." I said. She just laughed with me. As I walked towards the parking lot, I felt someone was watching me.

I looked around and the sound of wind across the trees is all I hear. Hindi ako maaaring maging kampante lalo na sa mga nangyari recently. I was assigned to look after my fellow Selecters.

I was about to enter my car when I heard someone's groan in pain and gasps. My eyes automatically went to my behind where the cars were parked, my vision was zoomed in and I saw the boss of my company was being held hostage.

"W-who sent you?! If this is about Zhang-"

I saw the guy gripped his neck harder to the point I heard my boss choke.

"Careful, he had his ears everywhere." The guy whispered. His eyes were burning in the shade of blue and silver.

"What does he want from me?! I told him I'll pay my debt within this month, he's just got to wait." He hissed as he stared at the boy. He looked terrified.

"Unfortunately, he wants it now." He shrugged his shoulders.

"W-what? I can't-"

"Whether you pay now or you'll see this company of yours collapse on the ground." The boy threatened him. Hindi nagkakalayo ang edad niya kay Hermes pero parang nakakatanda ito ng ilang taon lang.

"P-please-"

"I have bombs set in every corner of your precious company. If you fail to cooperate, I'll be forced to throw you in the bombs." He added.

While they're having a conversation, I crept behind the parked cars. My boss saw me, his lips parted to say something so I immediately put my index finger on my lips as a gesture to stay silent.

"The 2.5 million and access to the underground mines, you have exact 2 minute to tell your secretary about this or else you will be fucked up." The guy said.

I analyze him. He's no ordinary criminal, he's a Selecter. I just don't know which God he belongs to. I texted my team before I proceed to save my boss. They must be in their way now.

I noticed the black metal band hanging on his back. There's a small dot of red. What is that? He looks like an animal in a cage with that band.

I grabbed a rock beside me and threw it on the corner. The guy's head turned around fast, he shifted his attention to the cars. I made my move, I used my super speed to grab my boss. He didn't expect that, that's why before he attacked me, I was already nowhere to be found.

I pushed my boss in the elevator.

"Alert your security and don't create panic among your employees. Don't worry about the bombs, just evacuate the people here." I said fast but he was still in shock about what just happened. He was trembling while pointing at me.

"Y-you're one of them, Miss Salvades."

I pressed my eyes shut.

"Follow the things I told you or else you'll get yourself killed, do you understand?"