Chapter 14

ARTEMIS' POV

I felt different, very different. As soon as my finger made contact with the orb, the power grew within me. It gets stronger until it fills me up. I felt like I got the world in my hands, and I'm capable of either destroying or flourishing it. Each one of us changed, but no one changed physically except for me.

My former blonde hair became silver hair, from the root of my scalp until to the end of the strand of my hair. I don't feel good nor bad, the power is overflowing and it's scary.

"Wow, I didn't know that the fortress had a hair salon inside. I should've gone inside." Nicholas said, the gay friend of Eisha. I remained silent.

On the other hand, Leigh threw him a threatening glare before she wrapped her arms around my waist. Nicholas fixed his eyeglasses due to nervousness and panic before he left us alone.

We went back to the palace of Mythians. I proceeded to the designated room and looked at the mirror. I tried to process my new figure right now. I felt Leigh entering the room, she sighed when she saw me. She hugged me from behind and caressed my stomach.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Leigh asked me. She stared at me straight through the mirror. I saw her worried expression because of her reflection.

I shook my head.

"I'm fine, it's just that... this power is overwhelming." I said as I hugged her arms on my waist. She buried her face on my neck as she hummed.

"I know the feeling, take it easily. Don't push it too hard. Just let it consume you, alright?" She advised, I just nodded my head.

"I look weird now." I pouted and looked away. She let out a chuckle.

"Are you serious? You look amazing right now. Don't feel insecure, you're definitely a goddess, and you look like one." She muttered as she kissed me passionately. I returned the kiss and let go. I hugged her tightly.

Someone knocked the door, I saw Hades crossing his arms across his chest. He looked serious.

"We'll be leaving in a minute, you better prepare yourselves." He spoke before he left us alone.

Leigh rolled at him as we followed Hades. I just laughed and held her hand. I saw our friends talking in the throne room. Elias assists the mother who just lost her son. We promised her that we will bring the boy back.

"We need to check if there's still an enemy on the border, we can't leave the people with the enemy wandering around." Zaryl told us.

Pagpunta namin tuluyan sa gitna ng throne room, nagulat ako nang makita ang mga Frourós nakapalibot sa among lahat. My other friends didn't notice it at least until Leigh watched the soldiers carefully.

What the hell is happening?

"What is going on?" Eisha demanded while glaring at the soldiers. We are being surrounded. We saw Elias behind who remained silent, his other members of council are behind him.

They didn't look surprised when the soldiers positioned themselves around us as if they're already expecting them to do it.

"Elias?" I asked, demanding for an explanation.

He sighed deeply.

"The member of the council came up with the terms that we shall forbid you from leaving here for a reason you haven't fulfilled your duty in this kingdom. I'm afraid that you should plan how to defeat the enemy while staying here, where your people need you." Elias spoke, his face remained emotionless.

"Tangina, sinasabi ko na nga ba." Keidon was supposed to attack Elias but the soldiers stopped him including Avianna.

"Don't you realize that you're opposing your gods now?" Sabi ni Avianna habang nakakuyom ang mga kamao.