Chapter 19

DELIAN'S POV

I glanced around the room before making my way to the concealed door. Upon entering, I noticed my Hoplites were initially startled by my sudden appearance, but their tension eased when they realized it was only me. They nodded their heads in acknowledgment of my presence. All of Mythians have their own set of Sentinels that are hidden beneath the shadows.

Apparently, I instructed mine to watch over my own subjects within the Posse of Void building. Manuel doesn't know about this room, and I am determined to ensure he never discovers the existence of this hidden space.

Pumasok ako sa makitid at madilim na corridor at sumalubong sa akin ang pulang pinto. When I entered the room, few people were taken aback but they promptly stood up to greet me except for the young man who was focused on typing something on the computer screen of the computers.

"Lazarus," I called him to see how he's been doing these past few weeks on his computers. I was expecting some improvements to the task that I assigned for him. I know he would never disappoint me.

He averted his eyes on me and automatically straightened up before kneeling before me, I chuckled softly when I remember how this young man shouted at cursed at me before and now he's showing his deepest sincere of courtesy as if he considers me as his god or Mythian now, the ruler of his homeplace, Hellas.

"Your grace," he said softly, still refraining to look at me. I held back to roll my eyes, their fucked up rules still applied in this modern era.

A few agents observed the entire scene, they looked serious and amused at our interaction. They're aware about my role in Lazarus' life, they knew about my importance not only in this organization, but also to Hellas, my kingdom.

"No need for ancient formalities, Lazarus. I've already told you regarding this matter, right?" I said as I crouched to look at the screen. There are some codes and hundreds of research he's been doing. There's no way this young man learned how to use digital tools and became excellent with it only within a month. However, who am I to underestimate a Hellene's capabilities right?

"How have you been doing? Have you found a solution to bypass the chip's system? I'm afraid your deadline would be so soon, we really need to find a solution now." I asked as I put my arms across my chest.

"I did some experiments on Kelly's chip. I discovered that the chip was too advanced and our equipment couldn't access it. The Master possesses a central controller, allowing him to terminate all agents in this building with a single press. If we want to cut the connection of every chip to his controller, I have to remove the cable that is linked to it. However, this procedure involves surgery, and success depends on our ability to extract the embedded chips from their muscles." he explained while showing me the images of chip's structure on the screen.

"If that's the case, we'd save only a small percent of the population of the agents that we have here. The surgery is time consuming, this method is only limited for those privileged people who get to know our plan, and I'm referring to these people with us inside this room." I said as I tilted my head towards their direction. The hope and anticipation were written on their faces and I hate the feeling of disappointing them.

"I have another solution, though I'm uncertain that this would work." I lifted my head to Lazarus.

"What is it?" I knew very from the start that I would be risking everything and I'm not even hesitating to do it.

"I heard M was the one who installed the programs in these chips. Our only problem was to delete the program that's making these agents brainless machines, right?" He said as he typed something on keyboards. I hummed in response.