Chapter 16

HERMES' POV

"She will not make it, damn it. She's not finished with her training. If she uses her ability, it will consume her." I said furiously. What is she thinking? I should've been there.

"I'm so sorry, you were only trying to help us. I messed this up–" Umiling si Ares sa sinabi ni Alectrona.

"Wala ang may kasalanan dito. The only thing we can do is to hope ate Patricia will make it." Ares stated fiercely. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I sat down on the bench and palmed my face in distress.

"Let me through, I will talk to my father." Napalingon kami sa pwesto ni Charlotte at nakita na kinakausap niya ang taga-bantay na humaharang sa aming lahat. Hindi siya sinagot ng mga ito at sa halip tiningnan lang siya ng diretso.

"Hello? I said let me through. I'm Charlotte Sokolov, my family built this place so get out of my way!" Charlotte was making a scene. I groaned in frustration and walked towards her. I grabbed her arm harshly and pulled her away from those guards.

"What were you thinking, dumbass? You just said that M was there with your father and they fear her. Do you think your daddy will listen to his little princess to stop this match? No, Charlotte! M will have her opportunity to kill you and your father will just stand there watching you die." I exclaimed, I poured all of my stress and anger in my words.

The realization formed on her face. Her breath quickened as she lowered her head. I stared at her clenched fists. There's a guilt pooled in my stomach but I didn't take my words back because we both knew that I was right. I grabbed my hair in frustration before I went back to my seat, leaving her.

The guards confiscated our phones the moment we stepped inside this auditorium. Kuya Delian was the only person I thought that could save us. But how can we contact him? We don't have telepathic calling like the Mythians.

The screams and groans made me flinch in reality. My lips parted when I saw Patricia manage to throw a damage to Nyx. Napasandal si Nyx sa ring at hinabol ang hininga. Patricia kept his stance steady and serious as she waited for another attack.

A hope. I started to feel that in my system. May pag-asa kami manalo dito. But we knew even though she won this match, M will still be waiting for us. She will finish us for good.

We watched their fight until they exceeded the designated time limit for the match. Nyx stated that this would not take 20 minutes before she finishes Patricia off, however it's already been 45 minutes since she said those words. I knew she was regretting saying that out loud.

They were exchanging punches and kicks with each other. No one is allowed to use ability unless they're on round 3. I can see the disappointment and dismay from the audience's faces. They bet on Nyx to win, they underestimated Patricia without knowing that she has the ability to unalive all the people here by only using her words.

"There's no break? This can't be. We usually have a short break for 15 minutes!" Alectrona told us while walking towards the emcee.

"Hey you! Ayusin mo ang trabaho mo! They're tired and we have limitations!" Alectrona shouted to the emcee. The emcee looked anxious, his eyes were shifting to us and to the VIP seats. He stayed silent like all people do in this place. He can't defy his boss unless he wants to die.

"It's useless, Alectrona. This match isn't like yours, this match was managed by M. There are no regulations applied here." Charlotte sighed as she watched Patricia hopelessly.

"G-guys, guys! Nyx was using ability!" Ares' voice alarmed us. Lahat kami napatayo at lumapit sa ring. Nyx was wielding darkness and shadows towards Patricia's place. And we all knew that her darkness can cause blindness to one's eyes.