Chapter 9

EISHA'S POV

"Are you sure this is the place?" I asked my friends as we stood out of nowhere. I have no idea where this Elias' directions brought us.

"Ano 'to? Lokohan? Wala naman village dito!" Ngusong sabi ni Dionysus. I couldn't help but chuckle at his face. He even made an effort to prepare himself for this. Naka-sunglasses pa ito, at naka polo. Kanina pa kami naririndi sa pagpupuri niya sa sarili niya.

Kung wala lang jet lag ang kuya Keidon niya, siguro nag rambulan na naman sila sa buhangin.

"An island with no signs of people nor villages, is this an ambush?" Sabi ni Zaryl habang tumitingin sa paligid.

We all looked at him like we found his question ridiculous. I shook my head.

"Your graces, we all welcomed your presence to our respective and humble home!"

Lahat kami napalingon sa pamilyar na boses na iyon. Nakita namin si Elias, nakasuot ito ng puting mahaba kasuotan ng mga ancient Greek. Kasama niya ang ibang kasamahan niya na nasa kanyang likuran.

They all bowed before us and greeted us with a formal expression. I cleared my throat.

"It's nice to be here, this place looks amazing indeed. But I'm afraid to say I don't see any people around here except for us." I forced a smile.

"Na-scam pa nga." Narinig namin bulong ni Dionysus. Siniko naman siya ni Keidon. Fortunately, the counselor didn't hear what he said.

Elias just gave us a strange smile before walking ahead of us. We didn't have a choice but to follow them.

The sand feels warm under us, the breeze coming from the sea feels cold against our skin. This place is magical. Is it possible to feel familiar and nostalgic to the place that I haven't been to?

"Ages ago, our ancestors discovered this place. They felt furious when the temples of the Gods had been destroyed. This island is rich in resources so they decided to stay here and rebuilt the temples." He told us we walked along unfamiliar paths.

"Little did they know, this place has always been special to Olympians. They discovered a prophecy in the walls of the fortress of the Gods, the painting refers to the next rulers of our kind." He said as we all stopped to a huge and plenty of hanging plants.

"My vision was all about that prophecy." Leigh murmured. Elias' face shows confusion.

"Hmm, perhaps. But before you get those visions, God of Prophecy, Apollo, has already received them. Apollo never stops receiving them unless he chooses not to." Elias said that made us speechless.

"That dumbass." Artemis hissed.

"Please enlighten me why he didn't come with us again?" Leigh asked with an irritated expression.

"He decided to stay there to watch over the Selecters. Pinilit namin siya pumunta pwede wala eh." Sabi ni Keidon.

"His reason is valid although he will not be able to discover his new self." Hades sighed.

"He knew that we would be mad at him for not telling us his visions. Smart ass." Natatawang sabi ni Zaryl.

"Or maybe he's playing safe?" Avianna smirked with a strange hatred written on her face.

We're surprised by the tone of her voice. Artemis swallowed hard and whispered something to Avianna. She just looked away angrily and clenched her jaw. Artemis and I shared a meaningful look.

"You're now about to enter the blessed land of Greek people and Gods. Shall we?" Elias gave us a smile.

Nagtinginan kami lahat sa sinabi niya. Ang tanging nakikita lang namin sa harapan namin ay puro halaman at puno. Even if we enter those hanging leaves, ang lalabasan namin ay kagubatan pa rin. The inside is very transparent.