Chapter 7

AIDEEN'S POV

"Selecters with a borrowed power, such a courage to stand before us." Sabi ng babae habang tumatawa. Umupo ito sa bench, she was playing with her flail on the ground.

My eyes scanned them. They're all wearing black.

A black rose…

They're working for them. Sila ang tinutukoy nila ate Eisha.

"Borrowed? You're one to talk huh! You even needed a lame weapon to defeat us. And it is outdated, what time did you come from?" Charlotte attacked the enemy with her loud and filthy mouth.

I'm about to open my mouth to stop her but Hermes pulled my arm close to him. His lips touched my ear while Lethe and Alexis were focusing on the enemies' next motives.

"She's buying time, the police must be on their way now." Hermes whispered.

"Are we not going to attack?" I hissed.

His lips opened to speak but we heard a scream. My eyes widened as the guy with an ax cut the guard's head off brutally, the horrified face plastered on everyone's faces. Sumigaw rin ang mga tao na nasa paligid namin at ipinagpatuloy ang pagtakbo habang humihingi ng tulong.

"They're not just homicidal murderers that the police can solve, Hermes. They're here with a purpose, they're here for us." I gritted my teeth.

Piniglas ko ang kamay niya na nakahawak sa braso ko. He licked his lip and nodded his head in agreement

"It seems we need to attack back." He announced it to his comrades.

"Are you sure, Hermes? Is this worth enough to risk our identities? We can't be like them, the government will come for us." Nag aalala na saad ni Lethe.

Nagbuntong hininga ako at umiwas. I'm aware how reckless we were years ago, it's also our fault why Mythians and Selecters were exposed to the government. It's our first violation in the rules of the book. It is indeed unforgivable.

I wasn't supposed to tell them to attack, I can't risk the future generation of the Mythian.

"Don't attack, save the civilians. I will handle them." Then I immediately transformed myself into a thin smoke. I heard Hermes' shout, I knew he would oppose my decision that's why I left right away.

"Ito ang mga bata na kinatatakutan ng mga first class? Ano laban nito sa atin?" I heard a maniac laugh coming from the guy.

Nahuli ng paningin ko ang bata na nakatago sa slide. Naramdaman din ng babae ang presensya nito. Kumabog ang dibdib ko. Naunahan ko siya sa paglapit sa bata, I transformed back to my normal self. Titili sana ang bata sa nakita pero tinakpan ko agad ang bibig nito.

"Shh…" I signed. Umiiyak ang munting babae.

"Oh, it's truly unfortunate to be assigned to kill children, kid. But how could we know if you're the next Mutant or so we called, Mythian? It's our job to prevent that, dear. So you have to understand that, okay?" Ani ng babae. Napapikit ako ng tumama ang flail niya sa dulo ng slide kaya nasira ito.

"A-ayoko pa pong mamatay, wala po magbabantay sa Lola ko." Umiiyak na saad ng batang babae. May kumurot sa puso ko dahil sa sinabi niya.

I saw Lethe and others trying to gather people to get them out of here. They're busy looking in this area.

"Listen to me, they won't hurt you, okay? Kapag sinabi ko tumakbo ka nang mabilis, tumakbo ka. Nasa likod mo lang ako. Nakikita mo yung lalaki na 'yon?" I smiled to ease her fear.

Tinuro ko si Alexis. Tumango naman ang bata.

"He will save you, so I just need you to run closer to him. Kaya mo ba 'yon?" Mahinahon na saad ko. Tumango ito habang punong puno ng luha ang mukha.