Chapter 18

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"News?" M's calming voice filled the coffee shop as she casually mixed her drink. People glanced over at her, seeing a mysterious figure, but she ignored their curiosity. To them, she looked like an average woman in trendy all-black fashion, unaware they were in the presence of a dangerous serial killer.

Siya lang naman ang dahilan kung bakit maraming kabataan ang nawawala sa kanilang lugar. She moves in secret, she preys on the weak so magnificently as if she was born to do this. There are men who are standing in front of her, upright and composed, their faces betraying no emotion, refraining from meeting her gaze directly. A terrifying rumor circulated within their institution claiming she wasn't born from a woman's womb but emerged beneath the waters of Medusa's fortress, a cave serving as her unconventional birthplace.

However, that wasn't the reason why they're refraining their eyes away from her. Another tale suggested that her left eye concealed a potent weapon from their institution—an inheritance, the eye of Medusa. It was said that she could turn a person to stone with it, and once petrified, there was no known way to reverse the transformation. The master of their institution was the one who suggested to her to wear an eye patch to avoid the increasing rate of her victims.

Everyone in the room were still when M stopped mixing her coffee, she's slowly lift her head to meet their eyes. There's a threat gleaming in her eyes that sends chills down to their spine. Every person in their work knows when she makes eye contact like that, she could kill a person on the spot. She was annoyed, it was obvious.

"Am I being heard or what?" Those are just simple words but enough to scare them off like  stupid little children.

"W-we heard you boss, we apologize. Yes, the young Mythian has escaped and it created chaos within their fortress. We received a message from our men in Hellas that the council discussed the disturbing crack that has been found in their fortress, for them, it is considered as bad luck or the beginning of destruction among the Mythians. They haven't yet announced it to their people since it will just create a panic and people might lose their faith to their gods, the Mythians." The man in the center spoke the truth.

M remained silent as she took a sip from her coffee, her eyes averted on the glass wall beside her. She didn't say anything but she felt relieved. Her plans were successful, of course it will. She calculated the outcomes of her decisions. And that man, Delian, must know better. She doesn't trust the guy, but she knows that his loyalty lies within their master, and not to the institution which is the reason he regained such a high position. Now, the Mythians were in chaos, and they all blamed Delian for this unfortunate conflict, it has become easier to attack when there's already a crack.

They would lose another Mythian, a family, and a friend. And soon they would realize that when the war began, like how their face would morph into betrayal, pain, and fury when Delian stood by their side against his former friends. Despite her disdain for Delian, having him on their side became a strategic advantage in the upcoming battle.

The problems were resolved. She no longer had to bear the weight of stress and instead relished in the anticipation of their self-destruction without knowing it could affect their core in Hellas. It was a moment for her to rest and savor the remaining time before the final strike against the Mythians.

Her thoughts were cut off when a slim girl with brown hair was walking inside the coffee shop with anticipation. The side of her lips rose but changed quickly when she remembered that her men were still in front of her, waiting for her response and order but before she spoke, the familiar girl already entered and stopped at her table. The girl's jaw dropped open while raising her eyebrows towards the men that were standing like there's expecting a president of the country to come by.