The Bog

======================================================================================

The departure was as smooth as one could hope for.

Arranging into a rather standard formation, the Dwarves gave no sign of confusion or prolonged thought on what needed to be done. Operating like a well-oiled machine guided by the hands of their new partnering squad, they fell in neatly behind the Deepstone Vanguard.

With Six's group acting as a sort of 'Neck' to the formation they needed only to keep a steady pace behind Enrier and his men, leaving the duty of navigation to the 'Head.'

Bardin had instinctively placed himself at the very front of his own group, he most likely felt the most at ease there, having operated in a similar position when Six and the others first joined up with the Dwarves.

Taking a look over his shoulder, it was at this moment when Six could clearly see the damages of the O.E.S.'s lost numbers.

Before their string of unfortunate encounters, the caravan of Dwarves had been long enough to slither out of sight, even during treks through long stretching tunnels. But as things stood, he could just barely make out the tail end of their formation, such were the repercussions of not having enough time to recruit more members.

Based on what he had heard, Ralken had graciously supplemented their numbers by attaching on the Deepstone Vanguard, but even then Six found it hard to understand why the Regional Commander would give a shorthanded group the most taxing job.

Maybe it's got to do with that strange factor...

Enrier had mentioned that the Queens had an unnatural sense of self-preservation. If what the Dwarf had said was true, then Six could see the value of having a smaller force acting as the attacking group.

Six largely interpreted this as an indication that the Queen possessed a greater level of intelligence than the Dwarves had wanted to acknowledge. Perhaps if it detected too large of a fighting force, it would choose to abandon ship rather than risk succumbing to a Dwarven armada.

With a group of small but highly skilled fighters, they could get close enough to deliver an unpredictably lethal attack.

Whatever the case, Enrier and his matching band of newfound friends hadn't shown any lacks in confidence. 

If all of that was to be considered, their chances looked pretty good, the operation would likely be a breeze.

Still though-

"Think you're gonna be alright with the march, Eleanor?" Six asked outwardly, turning to look at the silver haired woman.

She tilted her head slightly in confusion.

"The Dwarves estimated that it would only take two days to reach the location, and that was with resting periods accounted for." She said, tapping her chin as she recalled the meeting.

"Yea, it seems pretty short, all things considered, but we'll be going without a cart." Six added.

"Hm, I'm not so delicate as to falter in the face of a timely stroll. I've been getting stronger recently, I'll have you know," Eleanor stated this with a proud smirk. Raising her arm, she patted her bicep as if demonstrating her newfound strength to the man.

"In fact, I've been feeling quite immured lately, and even 'I' think a nice saunter is good for the body. Right, Oritus?" She directed her words at Oritus, who appeared to be caught in the middle of a daydream as he turned towards the pair, glancing between them both with wide eyes.

"Uh... hmm.." Oritus let out a few indeterminate mumbles before closing his mouth.

Six noticed a few silent motions and inflections from the Knight. He was likely hoping for a bit of context, but Six remained silent.