Palgins Irk

======================================================================================

The onslaught of memories overwhelmed Six, triggering a nauseating sensation in his stomach accompanied by a sharp pain that radiated from the scar on his head.

The man, no, the thing he was before, it was not a creature of compassion.

It was something that could only think selfishly, operating under negligence for the lives of those around it and ultimately driven by desires.

As an amalgamation of sinful qualities living within a dangerous world, it ultimately resulted in Six extinguishing the lives of many who were undeserving.

He had been so foolish at that time, using his own forgotten past as an excuse to end the ongoing stories of others, killing entire lifetimes worth of memories for reasons no better than pushing himself closer to his own selfish goals.

As the two stared at each other, Six found his hand being drawn to the sidearm on his hip.

His eyes recognized Enrier's thirst for revenge.

His mind screamed a warning of danger

His instincts urged him to crush the threat immediately. 

Once again, the voice of Yes Man resurfaced, echoing a clear command.

You know how dangerous someone like that can be, you know what has to be done.

Kill Him~

The allure in his voice painted the picture of a well-known toothy grin. Like the unrelenting beat of a drum Yes Mans words continued to flow throughout the mans head.  

Hehehehaha for someone like you it would be easy, right?

A single drop of blood in the already existing lake, a quick end to a future problem...

Yes Man cackled as his words hung in Six's mind. 

In the wasteland, not many people cared about the lives of others. Surviving in and of itself was already trouble enough. For this very reason of indifference, most wasters couldn't care less if someone ended up missing off the face of the Earth.

Six's fingers twitched as they brushed against his weapon, causing him to close his eyes as if to look away from what he might do.

He had slain an untold number of those that made the paths that they walked worse for everyone else.

He had continued to mercilessly kill those that attacked him and the ones that he chose to protect.

As he was now, Enrier may become someone like that.

So why should this be any different?

He could imagine the familiar feeling of squeezing the trigger, releasing a burst of superheated energy, and ridding himself of a problematic encounter.

Opening his eyes, he stared at the Dwarf with an unseen, piercing gaze.

"....."

Do it, wash our hands of this bothersome creature.

It was as Yes Man said, such actions would be easy for a man like Six. 

However, sometimes the pursuit of righteousness demanded a greater effort.

Perhaps he was still foolish, foolish to think he could act differently, foolish to try and feign growth.

But even then.