Camping

======================================================================================

Six stood in the middle of an open field with his arms behind his back. The forest was quiet and a swift breeze caused the grass to flow like ocean waves. "Begin" he said firmly not moving from his spot. His ears picked up the sound of rustling leaves and he leaned back a step. Lia flew past him missing a downward kick, she then bounced off the ground back at him trying to land a slash with her knife.

She was fast but Six simply side stepped and leaned away from the attacks. Lia's task was to make him take his hands from behind his back. This was the 13th attempt.

"You are not thinking of the next attack, you are just reacting to each move that I make" Six spoke to her as he dodged her assault. She tried to uppercut him and he leaned his head back, as he did however she stopped the attack and switched to a leg sweep. Six jumped over her leg and while midair he kicked her in the chest causing her to tumble away. He made sure to not put too much force into the kick, "There you go, that was a good fake out."

She dusted herself off and got into a fighting stance, she flipped her knife into an under handed grip and rushed forward.

Six had brought her out into the forest to train her in melee combat. He had learned from many different people how to properly fight without weapons and he was very deadly with his bare hands. On top of that he was heavily modified internally, Big MT made sure of that. With all these factors he would make for a more than capable sparring partner.

Lia charged up her knifes mana core and shot out 2 water blades at Six. He side stepped one and ducked under the other, as he ducked however Lia jumped over him and tried to stab him through the back. He let himself fall to the ground and rolled out of the way, her blade dug into the earth.

As Six rolled away he swung his legs around spinning himself up into a crouching position. He was met with the sight of Lia trying to knock his head off with a kick. He brought his arm up and stopped the attack from hitting him instinctively. He caught her ankle and pushed her back.

She stumbled backwards but paused and then cheered "I DID IT! I WON THAT TIME" Six realized what he did and tsked "Yea you got me, that's one to thirteen" she was happily jumping around despite the large gap in their scores. He got up and dusted himself off, this training was also for him to get used to his new armor. He looked up at the sun shielding his eyes "Alright we can take a break for lunch" Lia grabbed her knife and sheathed it "I'll get the firewood" she said dashing off into the forest. "Not too far!" He called out but she was already gone.

Six trecked over to their camp and sat down on a rock, he took out some meat that they had gotten after arriving at the location. It belonged to a animal that looked like a dark green deer. Lia returned with wood and they started a fire, Six was practicing his magic so this was how he lit it. He found that the more he used magic the easier it seemed to get, this must have been what Sarah meant by training your core.

It was strange though, his core seemed to be improving at a steady pace. She had said that adults had a very tough time getting theirs stronger, this could just be how it is though he thought to himself.

He put the meat on skewers and cooked them over the flame. "Your getting better at your attacks" he said to Lia who was watching, "Yea but your still super fast. You don't even use enhancement magic" she said leaning back on her hands. "My strength is a result of my effort, I want you to start considering this however. Each move needs to have intent, plan your attacks, don't just react to the other person's moves" They ate and went over her mistakes but also the things she had improved at.

He told her to keep utilizing her magic, it was the thing that could be used the most effectively when trying to throw your enemies off balance. After they ate Six reached over to his backpack and pulled out the Box that the blacksmith gave him.