Creature Of The Deep

======================================================================================

Peaceful slumber, drifting in an empty void. His body felt heavy yet also light.

He was .... cold?

No, not quite. It was more like the area around him was cold, sapping the heat from his body. His armor should retain a stable internal temperature but the coldness seemed to soak right through the fabric.

I'm so tired Six thought, his eyes were closed and he wanted nothing more than to rest. He had had a long day.

Exploring a strange cave, coming face to face with perceived death, going back in, then......

What happened after that? He didn't remember going back to Bardin and the main force yet but he also couldn't remember what happened after entering the lower chamber a second time.

His eyebrows twitched but his eyes remained shut. His armor weighed down on him like a firm blanket.

What was I doing? My limbs are so heavy, was I really that tired?

He tried to remember but his thoughts were muddled.

All he could grasp were the images of the cave, the Dwarves he had been exploring it with, and...

His body twitched.

Yet he didn't move.

I was doing something important, I need to get up.

He tried to turn to his side so that he could push himself up but he only managed to squirm slightly.

He tried to force his eyes open but his eyelids were numb. He realized his other limbs also felt this way.

Whats going on?

He started to twitch more, attempting to break out of this unnaturally strong sense of exhaustion.

He tried to say something but then he realized something was in his mouth.

He attempted to open his lips but he instinctively held on, he stopped and tried to move his tongue.

Numb but doable.

He felt around, the object was like a cylindrical tube that branched into a mouthguard.

My....Rebreather?

Let's calm down.

He relaxed and thought about what to do next.

Fingers and toes.

I need to try and move them.

For some reason he felt weightless despite also feeling extremely heavy. He couldn't move his body yet he couldn't feel the floor either, it was very strange.

He wiggled the very tips of his fingers with moderate levels of success. It seemed like his body was finally starting to get back to functioning.

As he did this he felt a presence move past him, it seemed to shake the area surrounding his body and sent him drifting.

What? Drifting?

Yes Man, what's going on?

No response.

He concentrated harder.

Yes Man, answer me.

Nothing but his own thoughts bounced around his head.

Strange.

Ok Six let's use that brain of yours.

As he got his arms moving he put the pieces together.