The Princess and her Steed

======================================================================================

Six looked out the broken window of the building he was currently sitting in. The world was a soft green hue and he saw no one of interest. After waiting for a drunken man to pass he crept to the door of the building and prepared to leave.

He glanced back at the former Garrett, now pile of ash. "I bid you adieu" Six said nodding his head then stepping out into the night.

Garrett had surprised Six during their scuffle in the hideout but he had been severely thrown off his game. Unlike the men he sent to die Garrett was much more of a coward when faced with the prospect of facing the Ranger alone.

He may have been charismatic enough to lead all those men but he was nothing but a scared rat underneath Six thought as he walked down the street back towards the Inn. Garrett pretty much spilled his guts, metaphorically, to Six after he was captured.

It wasn't like Six was gonna just let him go but he played into the act and got what he needed. The truth turned out to be better than what he had thought was going on. Turns out they did just get unlucky, his group had no idea who Eleanor was specifically.

Despite his cowardice Garrett had good intuition and knew that Eleanor was a valuable target, even if he didn't know exactly why. The thing is he probably didn't foresee just how important she actually was. While searching him Six found a mark on Garrett's back that resembled the symbol left at the stable. It looked close to something like a brand, something he had seen many times on escaped Legion slaves. He contemplated cutting it out to take but ultimately decided against it. Even if he had a bounty Six just wanted to put this city behind him so this time he would just get rid of everything.

After making his was back to their hideout Six retrieved all of his weapons and made sure that there was no one left alive that was involved in the battle. He checked Garrett's room and found a few sheets of paper outlining the plan to kidnap Eleanor and a list of names with locations and prices beside them.

That might be a list of buyers Yes Man said, Six shrugged "Doesnt matter, they wont get their product today." In a locked drawer he also found a letter, the top had a seal stamped on. It was the same bird symbol from before, but rather than holding a dagger it was in front of a coin. He skimmed the letter and it mentioned something about a debt that needed to be paid back. It was addressed to Garrett but didn't say who it was from. Six grunted and balled it up, "Looks like I got to Garrett before the debt collectors could."

He turned to the fireplace and threw the papers and his drawing into the flames then took out a piece of burning wood to toss onto the bed that was in the corner. Six left the building as the fire inside roared to life. The bodies of the dead men still laid out in front of the former hideout, soon enough the inhabitants of the slum would take notice. Should they call the authorities or scavenge the goods off the corpses was of no concern to Six.

Eventually he found himself back on the more developed side of town. As he walked he came up with an idea to further cover his tracks.

A homeless man was holding out a cup begging for money, so he stopped and knelt down in front of him. "I'll spare you some silver, but I need you to do something for me" Six said, the man raised an eyebrow but held the cup forward "I'll bite."

Six dropped five Silver Rulia in the cup "Spread word around about a big fight in the Slums District, say that you saw a gang of men fleeing from the destroyed hideout of a group bandits" The man looked from the cup then at Six and smiled. "It will be the talk of the town by tomorrow" He said, Six nodded and got up leaving the area.

The stories exchanged by word of mouth often got convoluted but this would work in favor of covering his involvement. Without any survivors who's to say what happened Six thought humming a tune.